Alright, so I'm thinking about getting into longboarding. I've always been interested in skateboarding but never really pursued it. I'm really just looking to use a longboard for transportation to class and cruising around the city.

Since I have no experience really with skateboarding I'm probably going to go with a complete. I'm trying to stay in the 100-200 price range.

What do you guys recommend. I'm not sure about size, shape, or anything really. So any and all advice about what to purchase or just about longboarding in general are greatly appreciated.
Quote by Alter-Bridge
Of all the places to teleport, you chose a huge ball of fire?
Sector 9 is a good one. I wouldn't recommend one too awful big, they can be hard to turn really sharply. Make sure you have really big wheels if you want to cruise.

Also, skateboarding thread.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Quote by itchy guitar
Sector 9 is a good one. I wouldn't recommend one too awful big, they can be hard to turn really sharply. Make sure you have really big wheels if you want to cruise.

Also, skateboarding thread.

my bad, haven't stepped foot in the pit for years. forgot there was a skateboard thread.
Quote by Alter-Bridge
Two Words:

Whirling Dervish
Quote by justinrobbins7
*unzipppp* "Deal with this, wench."

Quote by Mazzakazza
Ug Knows 1000% More About Scrotal Sacs Than Real Doctors.
Hm Let Me Investigate. You Has The Painful Scroties? You Has Aids.
Next Plz.
Quote by The 6th String
Two Words:

Whirling Dervish

Link? and maybe an explanation why?
Quote by Alter-Bridge
Quote by cpt jaredkent
Link? and maybe an explanation why?

A model from Loaded Longboards. My buddy has one, the thing is the sexiest piece of the wood you will ever step on. Low to the ground, plenty of space to move, super comfortable taking high-speed turns.
Quote by justinrobbins7
*unzipppp* "Deal with this, wench."

Quote by Mazzakazza
Ug Knows 1000% More About Scrotal Sacs Than Real Doctors.
Hm Let Me Investigate. You Has The Painful Scroties? You Has Aids.
Next Plz.
Quote by ☮Tony Stoner☮
The skateboarding thread is a skateboarding thread not a longboarding thread. I did start one a while ago. Here is the link.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1153572

Reserect the bitch

Haha yeah the skateboarding thread just told me that there's a longboarding thread, and that is would offer more help.

Your thread my friend has been resurrected
Quote by Alter-Bridge
Sector 9 for sure. I have a Sector 9 Goddess series carving board. Arbor is also a very good brand. My cousins swear by them. They're the only kind they'll ride.
silverfish longboarding forums suggested the superglide or the crisis. What are your thoughts on these boards?
Quote by Alter-Bridge
superglide! i got it as my first board and its still my favorite.

very fun board, the kicktail is always nice to have
What are some basic things I should look for in different boards?
What shapes and sizes are best for what styles of riding? What are features that I should be looking for?
Quote by Alter-Bridge