I might not have worded the title right, but I keep feeling like I'm getting screwed over whenever I trade in games. I traded in 5 PS2 games one day, granted they did not have cases or manuals, (those were melted in a house fire). They gave me like, $3.

Is that right?!? And another time, I traded two games, complete with cases and manuals, and I got around $4. WTF?!?!?! Am I being cheated or...what?
Maybe the games sucked?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
yeah i bought a preowned gamecube for a fiver lol, so I can't even imagine what they gave the poor sucker who traded that in. Not worth trading in IMO, ebay is a better alternative.
Quote by Malakian88
Oh my bloody god. Imagine if you were a girl and you woke up to find your little brother's friend standing over you with his erect penis on your breasts...

Indeed.
Depends on the game, how popular and in demand it is, how old it is, what condition it's in.. just about everything.

PS2 games are old so you'll get hardly anything from any of them.
Then they'll sell them at 20 dollars a pop
Edit:^ that

Depends on how old the games are, how much demand for the games there is, and how many copies the store already has.
Check out my band Disturbed
Last edited by StewieSwan at Nov 29, 2009,
Do some research, find the best local trade in store and go. Rule of thumb, anything store chain related will rob you blind.
Quote by kranoscorp
I find that I feel the same about women who play bass as I think of immigrants in America.

I respect them for finding a place in society under a lot of ridicule, but I have an odd paranoia that they are going to steal my job.
Quote by genghisgandhi
If I were you, I would whomp them

Brang a knife to gamestop.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
It depends on the popularity of the game, rarity and how old it is. Typically GameStop will raise there prices on games that have an upcoming sequel. I bought Mercenaries on the PS2 for $20. A week before Mercenaries 2 was announced, it was only $15. So that would mean more trade in credit for the game because it might become more popular.

Awhile back, there were about 26 copies of GTA San Andreas at my local GameStop. That didn't drop the price. $20 a piece.
They have to factor in how much they can resell them for. The higher the demand for the game, the more they will give you. Brand new PS2 games don't retail for that much anymore because the demand for new games is in PS3 and 360 consoles.

Ergo no, you didn't get screwed, you got fair market value for them.
from.lashes.to.ashes || from.lust.to.dust
You still slingin' station2 rocks? Man dat new ish is dat 360 and dat ps3 brah, get in the game get some real bread to break for u and ur crew
Goodness gracious me!
Quote by Nevermind1299
Depends on the game, how popular and in demand it is, how old it is, what condition it's in.. just about everything.

PS2 games are old so you'll get hardly anything from any of them.
Then they'll sell them at 20 dollars a pop

lol

Shrek: Superslam

Tony Hawk: Proving Ground

Dragonball Z Budakai

Smackdown Shut Your Mouth

Formula 1 Racing: 2001

Stuntman: Ignition
I work there and this is how we price them.

Quote by Mainer
lol

Shrek: Superslam $0

Tony Hawk: Proving Ground $10.00

Dragonball Z Budakai $25.00

Smackdown Shut Your Mouth -$47.00

Formula 1 Racing: 2001 $5.00

Stuntman: Ignition $10
Goodness gracious me!
Don't sell games at gamestop. Or buy games.

Why haven't people figured this out yet...
I traded in a copy of Gears of War 2 that had only been played once before my Xbox died. They gaave me 10 bucks. I wanted to cry.