How do you guys feel about this concept or the idea that doing good things for people will result in good things happening to you and vice versa.

I was just thinking about this time I was packing up to move out to Arizona, while I was in New York, and I heard gunshots outside of my house. My dad comes into my room while we're packing and says "Somebody got shot outside, come check it out!". lol @ my dad.

I run downstairs and watch the big time drug dealers in my neighborhood beating the living shit out of a guy on the floor. They shot a piece of his ear off, then they shoot at him again, but this time they just shoot at the ground and concrete shrapnel flew into the guys face. They then start to cut him up on his body with about a 3/4 inch blade. Then my drug dealer buddy says "Now where the **** are my keys!"

The guy pulls out car keys and they let him walk away.

Turns out the guy that was getting his ass beat stole the drug dealers car in Atlantic City in New Jersey, brought it back to his friends house to brag about the nice car he stole, parks it across the street from the drug dealer, and learns a valuable lesson about stealing things.

So do you think this was karma, bad luck, or a just a case of shit just happening?

Also, the cops never came and no one got arrested lol.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by Nelsean
Then my drug dealer buddy says "Now where the **** are my keys!"

So you were in on it too?
MATTERHORN
lol at your dad.

The 'magical' karma doesn't exist but of course if you steal someone's car and they find you with the car then they're going to beat you down.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Quote by Doctor Matthews
So you were in on it too?

Well he was a good friend of mine at the time. I was not affiliated with their illicit activities as well. Just a person watching.

Quote by isabiggles
lol at your dad.

The 'magical' karma doesn't exist but of course if you steal someone's car and they find you with the car then they're going to beat you down.

The whole thing was the chance of the thief parking his stolen car across from the dealers house. He had no idea who the drug dealer was. Then of course he got his ass beat.

Quote by Nelsean
Well he was a good friend of mine at the time. I was not affiliated with their illicit activities as well. Just a person watching.

Yeah I know how it is. I sell prescription drugs to minors.
MATTERHORN

Yes, I do believe Karma exists.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Quote by Nelsean
The whole thing was the chance of the thief parking his stolen car across from the dealers house. He had no idea who the drug dealer was. Then of course he got his ass beat.

I'll correct myself: It was a combination of foolishness, and extreme bad luck.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Damn you, bodyheatseeker

Quote by Paramore.
bodyheatseeker, I will NEVER forgive you.

lulz
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
Quote by Doctor Matthews
Yeah I know how it is. I sell prescription drugs to minors.

this made me giggle like a school girl getting licked
I like to think what comes around goes around. So if you treat someone with respect then you'll be treated with respect.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
karma is actually a religious thing its not just you do something good so something good happens
For karma to exist, there must be a black and white definition of good and bad, which there is not.
Check out my band Disturbed
"karma" is the weak man's term for either "coincidence" or "people making shit happen"
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by Chrisiphone
I like to think what comes around goes around. So if you treat someone with respect then you'll be treated with respect.
I'm not too sure about that imo, I treat everyone with as much respect as I can, and usually I end up getting shat on for it. Everytime I do something nice for someone it somehow ends up biting me in the ass afterwards.
Anyone who thinks that music these days is dead doesn't listen to enough music.
I don't really believe in karma. There are too many unpleasant people in the world living the good life for it to work.

Quote by Nelsean
I heard gunshots outside of my house. My dad comes into my room while we're packing and says "Somebody got shot outside, come check it out!". lol @ my dad.

I run downstairs and watch the big time drug dealers in my neighborhood beating the living shit out of a guy on the floor. They shot a piece of his ear off, then they shoot at him again, but this time they just shoot at the ground and concrete shrapnel flew into the guys face. They then start to cut him up on his body with about a 3/4 inch blade.

Glad you found it all entertaining.
XIAOXI
Last edited by Abunai X at Nov 29, 2009,
Quote by StewieSwan
For karma to exist, there must be a black and white definition of good and bad, which there is not.

I don't think that's necessarily true. I also don't feel like getting into an in-depth discussion, though.
No. There is no evidence for karma and karma is actually a very selfish idea. It was obviously an idea invented by people doing pretty well for themselves , go and have a look at how many starving kids just died today in african countrys and tell me again how they deserved this bad thing to happen to them.

edit: also this idea of some mystical force changing things for 'good'. 'Good' in itself is subjective for one thing and yet again, millions of people have horrible stuff happen to them that no one really deserves. It's another one of these silly illogical ideas that people perpetuate because they want it to be true. There is no evidence.
Last edited by Zoot Allures at Nov 29, 2009,
Quote by dsotm73
I'm not too sure about that imo, I treat everyone with as much respect as I can, and usually I end up getting shat on for it. Everytime I do something nice for someone it somehow ends up biting me in the ass afterwards.

I feel the same way a lot of the time but I always try to have a good outlook on life Especially working in a retail environment inforces you to remain happy although you do get shat on by customers.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
I know karma is more in terms of the reincarnation aspect of Hinduism, but the concept of Karma has been skewed to our liking in the western world.

I think you get whatever you put in. I mean this socially, psychologically, and emotionally. If you do "good" for people, then that "good" is going to be coming from the same area you helped out and vice versa. So it's kind of a mixture of this plus shit just happening.

I'd say that people sometimes get what they deserve, but it's by no means a universal law.

Because some pricks just don't die.
Free speech is the right to shout "Theatre!" in a crowded fire.
I believe it in, and it's really annoying.

If I dopr even the smallest piece of litter, I have to go and pick it up otherwise I worry karma will get it's own back.
I can't really shake off the idea that karma might be in play in our lives. More likely than not it's just something that stimulates us to do good, and even so, what's so bad about that?

Also, helluva story TS \

That was rather morbid.
Think of all the times shit like this doesn't happen. This is obviously an unusual thing, otherwise you'd just be thinking "heh, there's another theif accidentally letting his victim beat him up, that happens all the time" and there'd be nothing interesting about it.

No, karma doesn't exist. It's a combination of seeing patterns where there aren't any, and trying to justify unjust things we can't prevent.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Last edited by whalepudding at Nov 29, 2009,
Quote by DrDeathjeans

That video is fucked up. Anyone got the rest of the vid?
Quote by deucedeucemr2
My knight in shining armor.

Quote by kstar22bassist
I like you sir. I would like to congratulate you on how awesome you are. You make me think that there is hope for humanity yet.

Quote by Venice King