its that time of year again, when u just get the sudden urge to buy a new guitar. But in all seriousness, my budget is around $1500 give or take a little. I play alternative music like radiohead, coldplay, muse, ect. and play through a peavey classic 30. I want a versatile guitar preferabely with single coils and a neck on the thiner side. Right now my number one choice is this:

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-American-Deluxe-Telecaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=511147

If anyone could reccomend some other choices that would be great.
Well that would work. But the Fender necks are little more on the thicker side. You could look into a Jackson DK2 Dinky. It's only $700. Thin neck, HSS combination and a floyd...
Fenders are just so damn boooring and... Bleh....... Get yourself a nice Ibanez.
if your looking for a thinner neck i would recommend a strat, teles tend to be a bit bigger. if you do like teles though then that looks good.
Quote by Unispex
Fenders are just so damn boooring and... Bleh....... Get yourself a nice Ibanez.

lol you've got it the other way around. 90% of ibanez players just play metal, yet fenders are good for every genre out there. ibanez are the more boring ones.
well when i say thinner i mean not les paul thick lol. I do like tele's well because...Johnny Greenwood from radiohead plays one and hes my god. The sounds nice too : p. I'm pretty sure I want to get a fender. I like the deluxe strat a lot also, i obviously have to go play some guitars.

Those g&l's look very interesting. Hopefully guitar center has some i can try out.
Last edited by guitarguy592 at Nov 29, 2009,
Quote by guitarguy592
well when i say thinner i mean not les paul thick lol. I do like tele's well because...Johnny Greenwood from radiohead plays one and hes my god. The sounds nice too : p. I'm pretty sure I want to get a fender. I like the deluxe strat a lot also, i obviously have to go play some guitars.

Those g&l's look very interesting. Hopefully guitar center has some i can try out.

you would not get anything near jonny greenwood's tone with an ordinary tele as he's basically mutilated one with all the mods he's done
Quote by britishsligean
you would not get anything near jonny greenwood's tone with an ordinary tele as he's basically mutilated one with all the mods he's done

oh trust me i know that

edit: http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/GL-ASAT-Classic-BluesBoy-Electric-Guitar?sku=510981

This looks pretty tempting also. american deluxe tele or the g&l?
Last edited by guitarguy592 at Nov 29, 2009,