Well, I'm thinking of investing into purchasing a recording device. Recording is my main passion right now, but the only way I can record is if I hook up my Digitech RP255 for my guitar, and USB interface for my keyboard, into my computer's Garageband software. The problem is, when I feel the inspiration to record, or I have something ready to record, somebody may be on the computer, and the space I record in is a bit stuffy. Plus there are many distractions around the house, which make it hard for me to put myself into a state of emotion fit for the music I'm recording, and I mainly concentrate on just hitting the notes right (which makes what I record seem kinda stale).

What I need is a device I can use in my basement for multitrack recording w/ playback. I'm looking for anything affordable, and convenient for recording in a basement. Possibly something with direct inputs for my guitar/ keyboard, and maybe a mic input for my families drum set. And of course I would need decent sound quality.

Does anything like this exist for a good price? If you know of anything that fits this description, or almost does, I would appreciate it to be suggested to me. I know that above there is a pretty vague description, but please bear with me. I'm a recording idiot, but I still love to do it!

Thanks! And please be kind
I am a Stephenist
http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Tascam-DP004-Portable-4track-Digital-Multitrack-Recorder?sku=250011 this is great for basic demoing. Of course for more money you can something simmilar with more tracks and inputs, but I think that would do fine for starting out, might be hard to record a drumkit with it though, I guess you could use the devices internal mics.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Last edited by Kid_Thorazine at Nov 29, 2009,
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Tascam-DP004-Portable-4track-Digital-Multitrack-Recorder?sku=250011 this is great for basic demoing. Of course for more money you can something simmilar with more tracks and inputs, but I think that would do fine for starting out, might be hard to record a drumkit with it though, I guess you could use the devices internal mics.

Thanks man!!! I'll consider this, this I think I saw in an ad, to be honest, I think it was what sparked my interest... I'll look into this, and things related to it
I am a Stephenist