Im in a band, and my guitarist is playing a Crate GX900H solid state head through a Crate V412A tube cab , and he's wondering if there is anything wrong with doing this.
CHECK OUT MY BAND!
myspace.com/protestingmodernlife

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Ibanez RG320DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Digitech Metal Master
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Yamaha Acoustic
opps i mean that it's meant to be running through a tube head
CHECK OUT MY BAND!
myspace.com/protestingmodernlife

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Ibanez RG320DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Digitech Metal Master
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Yamaha Acoustic
shouldn't pose a problem if you can run a guitar into a keyboard amp, or a surround sound system.
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
A cab is a box with speakers in it. It is no more a tube cab than your guitar is a tube guitar.
It doeasnt matter if the cab came with a tune head or sold with a tube head.

speakers will play the same whether they are played through a SS head or tube.

it wont hurt anything
Guitars:

1998 Squier Affinity Stratocaster

Amps:

Peavey Valve king 112

Money is just paper, but it affects people like poetry.
cabs can be run through any type of amp head, it wont matter if its a tube or solidstate head.
wut?

just make sure the cab is same ohm as head
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
speaker cabintes don't have tubes in them or for that matter transistors, there's no such thing as a tube cab or solid state cab
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
a cab is a cab. as long as its the correct amount of Ohms. you can tell you buddie hes OK if the cab has the proper Ohms. since my 5150 blew up ive been using a solid state randall head through the 5150 cab....... and it sounds better than the 5150 did through it.
well, the cabs can be voiced for certain heads. For example, Line6 cabs are voiced to be used with line6 heads, and shouldn't be mixed due to the certain frequency response they have. For this example, it shouldn't matter.
Gear:
Modded Steinberger Spirit (white) (SD-AH/EMG Select)
Modded Steinberger GP-2R (white) (EMG81/60)
Peavey XXL head
Hughes and Kettner Cream Machine
Hughes and Kettner Blues Master
Quote by CephalidHunter
well, the cabs can be voiced for certain heads. For example, Line6 cabs are voiced to be used with line6 heads, and shouldn't be mixed due to the certain frequency response they have.

whoever told you that couldn't be more wrong. Brands don't mean anything. Cabinets come down to construction (wood types, open/closed backs, etc.) and speaker configurations (certain speakers are better for certain music styles, wattages, ohms, mono/stereo, etc.)
Quote by Morgant
Wait, he's running a head through a head?

i laughed so hard when i saw this

EDIT: this is the most pointless thread i've ever seen