The new amps by orange, has anyone got any reviews, demos of them at at all? The one found here:
http://www.soundslive.co.uk/product~name~Orange-Crush-Pix-CR35LDX~ID~12214.asp

I'm upgrading my equipment, getting a Jackson DKMG wanting to play like... soft rock, metal. Good effects, some nice high gain. You think this amp would cut it? Or go for the Roland Cube or VOX?
It's the new Orange Crush (equivalent to the MG, Spider, Frontman and Ibanez TBX amps) I wouldn't hold my breath.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Thanks thanks, got any idea on what sort of sounds it's good at, would be better than the Cube for rock?
Looks like Oranges version of a spider, but I have never tried it. If it came between the Box and Micro Cube, I would go for the Micro cube. To me the Vox(thinking you are talking about the Valvetronix) has bad cleans that go with worse distortion.
MY GEAR

Guitars
- Gibson SG Standard(Ebony)
Amps
- Vox AC30
Pedals
- Vox V487A Wah
- SansAmp Classic
- EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
- MadeByMike Custom Overdrive
- HBE Germania 44
Have you guys ever played an Orange Crush?

I thought the one I played sounded pretty damn good.
I have a huge fear if rays.
Quote by guitarzephyr
Looks like Oranges version of a spider, but I have never tried it. If it came between the Box and Micro Cube, I would go for the Micro cube. To me the Vox(thinking you are talking about the Valvetronix) has bad cleans that go with worse distortion.

Dude... Crushes have been around... for like, EVER.

The Valvetronixes are really not that bad. At all.

Quote by SaintsofNowhere

People 'round these parts hate anything that isn't tube
Quote by SaintsofNowhere

Yeah.. these PiX ones have just been released this month and there's no content at all lying around. Not even a review. Was just wondering if anyone has had a jam.
Haha, no, not you TS, I was directing my comment to the dude saying how this must be Orange's Spider.

to Chris: Yeah, I know. But I meant for a practice amp, it was decent.

Quote by SaintsofNowhere
Haha, no, not you TS, I was directing my comment to the dude saying how this must be Orange's Spider.

That's how I felt. I would take it over an MG or Spider without second thought.
Quote by ChrisBW
Have you guys ever played an Orange Crush?

I thought the one I played sounded pretty damn good.

+1

I have one sitting by my computer so I don't have to sit right next to my rig while I'm learning a song. I think they sound better than all the other budget amps (frontman, mg, spider, etc.).
Quote by SaintsofNowhere

All I said is that it LOOKED like orange's spider. Then I said i had never played one. I have played a Valvetronix and a Crush. Did not like either, but I would choose the Crush over the Valvetronix.
MY GEAR

Guitars
- Gibson SG Standard(Ebony)
Amps
- Vox AC30
Pedals
- Vox V487A Wah
- SansAmp Classic
- EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
- MadeByMike Custom Overdrive
- HBE Germania 44
i think orange amps are pretty damn good. and even if it is a solid state, that doesn't mean its bad. i've got a crush 10w and i'm a pretty big fan of it. its loud enough to play with for my jazz band at school. i plan on getting the 35w crush pix.
Guitars:
Martin DSR acoustic
Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Les Paul
Amp:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Pedals:
535Q Crybaby>Fulltone OCD>Phase 90>EHX Big Muff>MXR Carbon Copy>EHX Holy Grail
You can call me Matt