Does anybody know how much notice your employer needs to give you, prior to canceling your shift, in California

For instance I just got a call telling me that im not working at 4:00... and it was 3:15 when i got the call

I'm not having any luck finding an answer.
As far as I know they can do it whenever they want.

One time well actually twice they didn't even call me to tell me they cancelled my shift so I went in anyways and clocked in for about 2 minutes before they told me.

Those basterds wasting my damn gas.
May the Schwartz be with us! 2012

MAL

Q: OK, so do you care about the labels — nastiest, edgiest team in the NFL?

Jim Schwartz: It's better than the alternative — meekest, least aggressive, softest team in the NFL.

Quote by The_Paranoia
It's your boss. They can do whatever they want.

I suppose that's what i get for trying to ask 14 year olds anything of importance.

This is the first time i've logged on UG in about 6 months, and for good reason.
Quote by maidenrulz19
As far as I know they can do it whenever they want.

One time well actually twice they didn't even call me to tell me they cancelled my shift so I went in anyways and clocked in for about 2 minutes before they told me.

Those basterds wasting my damn gas.

they legally had to pay you 3 hours, just FYI
Dude, you can walk in the damn place and he can tell you you're not working that day. I don't believe there's really a set time.

You should be happy, anyway. No work.
Quote by F'ingguitarnoob
I suppose that's what i get for trying to ask 14 year olds anything of importance.

This is the first time i've logged on UG in about 6 months, and for good reason.

Much older than 14, smart ass. How was that not a legit answer? You work for someone. If they decide you aren't needed 30 seconds before your shift, too bad.
Alright, I'm 17, and I've been working at the same place for a year. My advice is to not complain about it considering they did call you. It has happened to me a few times and I've found out after getting to work. I wouldn't stay too pissed about it, because you really can't do anything about it.
Quote by F'ingguitarnoob

Don't flatter yourself, bub. What you asked was nowhere near important.
Quote by jimmy hendrix 2
Don't argue with my new deity.
It is a big deal, I'm not going to be happy, that I got the day off, And there most likely is something that I can do about it.

I'm not sure if Americans are just conditioned to take it in the ass by authority, or if they honestly don't know any better.

It bothers me that in today's society, knowing the law, makes you a criminal
Quote by F'ingguitarnoob
It is a big deal, I'm not going to be happy, that I got the day off, And there most likely is something that I can do about it.

I'm not sure if Americans are just conditioned to take it in the ass by authority, or if they honestly don't know any better.

Get the **** out of America then, prick
Quote by F'ingguitarnoob

Take it in the ass? So they can't fire you right? That would involve not getting shifts anymore wouldn't it? It's called life dude.
Quote by F'ingguitarnoob

Commas can be a very powerful tool when used correctly.

They, can be, really annoying however, when, used improperly.
Quote by jimmy hendrix 2
Don't argue with my new deity.
So much ignorance so little time... I think ill give it another 6 months lol. Have fun growing up kiddies
Quote by F'ingguitarnoob
So much ignorance so little time... I think ill give it another 6 months lol. Have fun growing up kiddies

Lmao. You accuse other people of being immature you silly little prick. How stupid do you have to be to think that there are laws governing the notice of shift cancellation.

It's called a job, you thick scrub. The person in charge is called your boss. He decides when you work.

Got it, shitbrains?
where's the trollface picture when you need it?

████████████████████

███████████████████████
███████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████████

█████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████

█████████████████████

████████████████████