Alrighty then, we've got a double neck SG here and Im wondering if i should do it.

Here's the info in it

Double neck electric guitar kit with all the hardware. Everything to complete with the exception it does not have the paints and finishes. All holes are drilled for bridges and tailpiece. Comes with a 12 string and 6 string neck with crown position markers. Neck are hard maple and have the truss rod and frets installed. Fingerboard is Rosewood. Body is basswood. All holes and wiring are drilled out. 24 3/4 in. scale lenght. 4 humbucking pickups. Tone and volume controls. Tune-0-matic bridge. Great project for a builder. I will email instructions on request. Free Shipping in USA. Thanks for looking.

http://imagehost.vendio.com/bin/viewimage.x/00000000/senior1/ddne.JPG?vvid=27391540&allow_track_link=1&track=02796731a4-5d3a2&sp=1&vsid=1&vgp=0&vimgs=ddne.JPG,dn1.JPG,dn5.JPG,dn3.JPG,dn4.JPG

Pictures.

Now I dunno if i should do it or not...I'd like to a double neck just to have it y'know? It's either this or a DIY Les Paul Kit.

What does UG think?
Last edited by SGlover69 at Nov 29, 2009,
It'll impress your friends, that's for sure! As long as it doesn't cost more than $250 or so, you don't have a whole lot to lose. The electronics are obviously gonna be sub-par, but that can be fixed easily.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Good point...i mean i may even upgrade it a bit every now and then just to make it more of a guitar, but as for now I might just make it my screw around guitar.
Pretty cool, but I've had bad experience with bolt on SG's.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Looks like fun!

Gilmour Be Thy Name!

Shut up! Aerosmith IS America's greatest Rock Band!

I HATE Muse! Sorry...
Quote by oneblackened
Pretty cool, but I've had bad experience with bolt on SG's.

Oh?What kind of experiences?
My G-310's neck stripped the screw holes, and it came up a bit. My action was around 3/4" at the 12th, so I retired it.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I was going to buy this same kit!! I hope it turns out good man I wanna see this donee! keep us informed!
See I'm not sure if I want to though..

It's either a double neck bolt on sg, or a Set Les Paul which I may actually use as my main weapon. Double neck would just be fun