Ok, when i first got into guitar, i bought myself a squire bullet, and my dad went out and bought me an awesome like 15watt crate GTX, whatever it was.. as i progressed, i didnt like the sound i got out of it so i went to a local pawnshop and decided i needed a new amp.. playing through the big bad Crate GLX 65.. it was loud as BALLS.. its solo channel was super heavy, and its cleans sounded like, well, clean. I was in heaven! check this thing out it lights up!!!

its blurry, but totally legit, right?

I love it, its my baby!

Now, you really didnt expect that to be my NAD did you? without stepping into tube territory? naah..

after checking up and doing research i realized that my amp, blow.. I saw in an interview with daron malakian that he was using a Carvin x100b, he was my idol at the time so my hunt for the x100 began.. after scouring craigslist long and hard, i came upon a head for 300 bucks.. I hopped on that..

Tadaa!

Now, this thing actually did sound like a beaut, and it really has an amazing lead channel, with some of the greatest cleans ive yet to hear, really a top notch vintage amp, loved every second of it..

yay!

Well, im just kidding this isnt where i end either..

A new amp store opened up down the road, and i went in there and was lookin around when he had this Bitchin marshall sitting on a 1960A cab, i asked him how much and he said 1 grand for the half-stack, but i only needed the head, so i asked him how bout my carvin x100b and 200 bucks, and it was a deal,

Now im sitting on my AWESOME Marshall JCM2000 TSL 100, i love it and it really gives me that crunch that the carvin x100b lacked, the cleans are a little less high quality, but it makes up for it in every other department.. I truely fell in love.

However, im more of a metal guy myself, and this didnt hit that growl that i was really looking for, i was looking for some heavy stuff.. when again i went to craigslist, my dearest friend..

I saw a peavey 6505 2x12 combo, and hearing everything about these i inquired about it, and guy said it was for sale for 800 or maybe some trades.. long story short, i said, hey, check out my JCM 2000 tsl, so he drove down, checked it out, and liked it, he wanted out of metal territory and wanted something to backup his Roadster, so we traded a flat trade..

Now im ACTUALLY sitting on my Peavey 6505 2x12 combo, and needless to say, it scratches that itch.. my balls were sitting on the shelf next to the wall after letting this baby open up on about 7-8.. I love it, EXCEPT.. the clean(rhythym channel) is definetely different, hard to keep it clean, but can get up to raging metal? oi..

but needless to say, after all this leg pulling, here is my final investment of 500 dollars-

aint she a beaut?

pictures dont work? hold on>.<
Last edited by Xinspaly at Nov 29, 2009,
HAHA that was great. For every new amp you got I thought to myself "aww, you could've done better" until it got to the 6505!
Happy NADs!
100w Peavey Valveking Head
Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Standard Cab
Ibanez RG 321
Boss DD-7
iSP Decimator x2
BBE Boosta Grande
Modded Crybaby
MXR Blue Box
Numark Power Conditioner
Korg DTR-1000
I played the 6505 the other day. It's a great amp dont get me wrong, but the cleans didn't cut it for me so I bought a Fender Hot Rod. Cleans = Important. HNAD, glad you found what you like.
Gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio Cherry Sunburst w/ Alnico Pro II
-1960 Yamaha Orange Sticker Acoustic
-Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-5RH
Last edited by IdntNedUrCvlWar at Nov 29, 2009,
cool beans man, I wish I had that kind of cash to be buying and selling off amps like that
HNAD
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Yeah, i knew the clean channel wouldnt be fender-ish when i got it, but i play in a metal-esque band, and when im using cleans, ill prolly just throw a chorus pedal in the loop..

Hopefully im going to be adding a chorus and an eq to go with my noise supressor, (which oh my is it needed, this baby is LOUD).. but yeah, thanks guys, definetely worth the patience and 500 bucks.
HNAD!

Im probably going to wind up getting one for my "heavy" amp.
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
HNAD!

Just out of interest... how long a period does this thread stretch over? Like a 2 - 3 months?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Those are some heavy NADs dude. The Carvin almost looks like a hairy NAD.
100w Peavey Valveking Head
Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Standard Cab
Ibanez RG 321
Boss DD-7
iSP Decimator x2
BBE Boosta Grande
Modded Crybaby
MXR Blue Box
Numark Power Conditioner
Korg DTR-1000
And yes, aside from the orignal Crate 15watt amp, all within a few months, had the TSL the longest actually.

and to the guy saying both were a downgrade from the carvin,

id LOVE to have an A/B going from the 6505 to the carvin, its cleans were ungodly, it destroyed the marshal and the 6505, marshal had the better solo channel, but the 6505 has the meaty chug that im lookin for, perhaps in the future ill pick another carvin up to run with the 6505, they are VERY cheap
You should've sold the TSL or got some cash with it for the 5150... I see those combos all the time for a lot less than a TSL is worth, but none-the-less, some epic gear trading there. Reminds me of me

HNAD! ...hopefully mine will be tomorrow ...
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw

Not again
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
congrats on the trades.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by MatrixClaw
You should've sold the TSL or got some cash with it for the 5150... I see those combos all the time for a lot less than a TSL is worth, but none-the-less, some epic gear trading there. Reminds me of me

That's what I thought of when I saw this too

And it's about damn time man!
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by ragingkitty
Not again

Uhh yeah... it shall be epic. Warning you now
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw

He's had it for a while, he's just been too "busy" to post it...

He reminds me of you too. Just to a much less epic degree so far!
Fender '04 Strat
MiM Sunburst with Maple Neck

Ibanez TS-808
Fender Blues Junior
Marshall JTM60
Quote by MatrixClaw

coughbugeracough

busy doing what?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Well happy ****ing day to you. lmao. Wish I had that kind of money, I'm playin a spider III for christs' sake. plenty of nice guitars, no decent pedals, cheap-ass cables, and a spider III 75W. aint life a bitch?

I'd upgrade in a heartbeat if I could afford it. :P
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
Im to poor for anything epic, my little minimum wage job and my parents restrict me from epic Nads, so theyre only kind of good nads.. after having a crappy schedule my custom iceman should be done soon.
Quote by Shiromar
He's had it for a while, he's just been too "busy" to post it...

He reminds me of you too. Just to a much less epic degree so far!

Correction, I've had one of the items for a while

Quote by Xinspaly
Im to poor for anything epic, my little minimum wage job and my parents restrict me from epic Nads, so theyre only kind of good nads.. after having a crappy schedule my custom iceman should be done soon.

Sweet. For some reason I have a weird liking of the Icemans, I don't think I'd ever play one, but they're cool to look at
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com