Well I'm teaching my friend guitar, and he's going to get one of his for Christmas. He was looking at the Jackson JS series which have Indian cedro wood, I'm not sure whether to advise him to get something else.
So how is the wood tonally?
Guitars
Ibanez S470B
Iabez MTM2 w/ Seymoar Duncan Blackouts
Epiphone SG

Amps
Roland Micro Cube

Pedals
Boss MT-2
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
bumping up this thread because i was going to ask the same thing....
im looking into buying a dinky with this wood, and then do it up with new pups, etc...
I had a Strat with a body made out of it a couple of years back. Utterly horrible wood. Heavier than hard ash and a tone like muted basswood with no sustain.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
I have a JS30, don't mind it and you won't notice much if you're a beginner but once you hear/play other guitars with better wood, you start to think "Wow, I f*cking wasted my money." tbh.
Jackson DXMG 2002
Jackson JS30RR 2006
Rockteck 30Watt Combo
Marshall MC212
Dunlop Crybaby-GCB95
Boss Metalcore ML2

Quote by Skagasm
just think......bc rich+nice ring=happy girl

no ring+gibson es-335= no bitch and an awesome guitar.
The wood had pretty much no sustain my Jackson has it to but i'm happy with it even though i think mine has been discontinued.
My equipment:
Jackson JS30RR FR (w/ SD AHB-1 in bridge)
Peavey Ultra 112
Digitech RP350
Dunlop KH95 Crybaby
Ibanez XPT700
ISP Decimator
i've got one. it sounds somewhat similar to alder, in my opinion.
there's no such thing as a "bad" wood, only preference.

switching out the cheap stock pickups will make a bigger difference in this case.
the sound of a guitar is a sum of all its components, not just the wood.
Quote by heminder
i've got one. it sounds somewhat similar to alder, in my opinion.
there's no such thing as a "bad" wood, only preference.

switching out the cheap stock pickups will make a bigger difference in this case.
the sound of a guitar is a sum of all its components, not just the wood.

+1
I have an older JS series Dinky and I think it sounds rather strat-like. Not a lot of sustain, but mine has a trem so a lot of the body is routed so that could be why.