Hi I have an ESP m-1000 fm with a reversed headstock. bought lefty sperzel locking tuners 6 in line and they F***in gave me righties! and if not bad enough i paid FED EX 2ND CLASS SHIPING.

so i am going to now return them. does anyone have any other good suggestions for LOCKING Pegs... id like them to be a mix of silver and black. or just silver. and must be top notch quality

heres a few pictures of my axe

Last edited by vincemyatt at Nov 29, 2009,
I suggest you return them and get the lefties like you want.
Bari Build

_\_\ll/_/_
__\ _ /__
___ \/ ___

I suggest you stop being mad about this and use the tuners you were planning on using all along when they send them to you.
you needed "right" tuners, not left. check out this link. it'll explain. you should really research these things before you buy, but now you know i guess

http://www.warmoth.com:80/Tuning-Machines-C205.aspx
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Quote by LifeIsABullet16
you needed "right" tuners, not left. check out this link. it'll explain. you should really research these things before you buy, but now you know i guess

http://www.warmoth.com:80/Tuning-Machines-C205.aspx

thats funny cause i just stayed up all night researching if i can remember but thank you for the help. I would of got screwed another $50 or so.
The spertzels in my guitar can be taken apart and assembled either righty or lefty.
If that is the same as your guitar, you dont need locking tuners. You have a locking nut, so locking tuners will do nothing. If yours doesnt have a Floyd, disregard this comment.
EDIT: That Warmoth thing is stupid. Why call them 'left'? Yes I understand they go on the left side of the headstock, but it would make a lot more sense to have left handed and right handed.
Last edited by littlephil at Nov 29, 2009,
Quote by littlephil
EDIT: That Warmoth thing is stupid. Why call them 'left'? Yes I understand they go on the left side of the headstock, but it would make a lot more sense to have left handed and right handed.

thats very true, and i definitely agree. but it's not just warmoth, stewmac has a chart too i think, and every company calls their tuners "left" and "right" like this. i just knew where to find the warmoth one quicker, so thats the link i posted

it's not too confusing though. if you're looking at the headstock, the left side needs "left" tuners and the right side needs "right." still definitely seems a little backwards though.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
Quote by littlephil
That Warmoth thing is stupid. Why call them 'left'? Yes I understand they go on the left side of the headstock, but it would make a lot more sense to have left handed and right handed.

It's the best way since a right handed guitar with a reverse headstock actually uses left-handed tuners. Look at a 3x3 headstock on a right-handed (or left-handed) guitar, it's 3 of each kind of tuner. Calling them left-handed and right-handed will lead to a lot more confusion because it actually has nothing to do with whether the guitar is left or right-handed. Calling them left and right tuners also make things a lot easier for guitars with abnormal headstocks like Caparison (2 + 4), Killer (5 + 1), or EBMM (4 + 2).
Quote by Tackleberry
The spertzels in my guitar can be taken apart and assembled either righty or lefty.

yes any locking tuner can but it turns out the black rod that keeps the peg in place is not off a little like the grovers on my guitar. but im 13 so calm down. ive spent COUNTLESS HOURS researching about gear and most likely MUCH more than all of you. so its good to be understanding and not just assume things
Quote by vincemyatt
yes any locking tuner can but it turns out the black rod that keeps the peg in place is not off a little like the grovers on my guitar. but im 13 so calm down. ive spent COUNTLESS HOURS researching about gear and most likely MUCH more than all of you. so its good to be understanding and not just assume things

They are calm, it's you that appears to be flipping out.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Quote by Roc8995
I suggest you stop being mad about this and use the tuners you were planning on using all along when they send them to you.

if an esp has grovers. sperzel wont work
I was going to offer some advice, but it appears TS knows more than me because he spent COUNTLESS HOURS researching gear. Which must be how he got the wrong tuners in the first place.

Anyways, locking tuners are pretty pointless if you already have a locking nut for a LFR...
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
yeah on a floyd guitar you really won't need the locking tuners. it will make string changes a little faster, but once you tighten down the locking nut it won't make any difference at all.

and theres no reason to get upset with the people that stopped by your thread to help out. thats why you made it in the first place; to have some people help you out.

Quote by vincemyatt

You're making people seriously consider not even bothering... And quite frankly, you're acting like a 13 year old. Calm down, and it will be easier to fix your problem.

P.S. If you know more then us, why are you asking for help...?
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by JELIFISH19
It's the best way since a right handed guitar with a reverse headstock actually uses left-handed tuners. Look at a 3x3 headstock on a right-handed (or left-handed) guitar, it's 3 of each kind of tuner. Calling them left-handed and right-handed will lead to a lot more confusion because it actually has nothing to do with whether the guitar is left or right-handed. Calling them left and right tuners also make things a lot easier for guitars with abnormal headstocks like Caparison (2 + 4), Killer (5 + 1), or EBMM (4 + 2).

Yes, but those left-handed tuners are called "right" tuners.

Confusing
Quote by potatohead_33
Yes, but those left-handed tuners are called "right" tuners.

Confusing

I think he's saying that because 'right' tuners can be used on left handed or right handed guitars (albeit with reversed headstocks) it makes sense to describe them based on which side of the headstock they go on as that's a more definite description.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by vincemyatt
if an esp has grovers. sperzel wont work

So you got the wrong tuners in the first place. What exactly did you spend those countless hours researching? A quick thread in GB&C or five minutes on Warmoth or allparts would have made it clear that you can't just drop in any brand of tuner for another one.

Usually I'd be nicer about these things, but you're being awfully rude to people who are trying to help you. You have a locking nut, I'm not sure why you're replacing the tuners in the first place, especially with locking tuners.
Sperzels are reversible. They will certainly work in place of the Grovers but you will have to drill new pilot pin holes and the holes from the grovers will be visible with the Sperzels in place. Since those Grovers are fine quality tuners and you do have a locking nut I wouldn't waste my time.
ESP Stef B8 CS
.strandberg* Boden OS7
Suhr Modern Satin
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II
Washburn N7
PRS SE245
LTD Alexi-600
Warmoth Fr00tcaster
Ibanez RG1XXV
Fender Strat
Jackson Dinky Rev
Agile AL-2500