Page 1 of 3
I'm looking for some other bands that are along the same vein as Leftover Crack/Choking Victim/etc.

Hit us up with some suggestions
No Ca$h, My Own Religion, INDK, Morning Glory, Crack Rock Steady 7, Star F*cking Hipsters, Intro5pect... to name a few.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
No Cash is alright, you might like them more than I do if you're into those guys.
How many brothas fell victim to the streets?

Rest in peace young nigga, there's a heaven for a G.
Check out molotov compromise. Their an up and coming band outta my hometown, Houston Texas. You will more than likely like them if you like Leftover Crack, Star ****ing Hipsters and citizen Fish. Give em a try.
Quote by joehhy
i will use my lvl 90 Golduck against the evil 4chans, they will not stand a chance

Quote by Led Pepplin
My penis is quite literally trembling in fear.

FLOCKDRAW!!!!!!! EPICS!!!!!
When I get my music collection a little better organized I'll post the list of all the skacore bands I have. Then you'll know exactly what to listen to. Because I'm awesome like that.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
Niño Zombi is soooooooo good.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
This is the entirety of my skacore collection. And yes, I did organize them according to country so all of you can see how cool and international I am.

Australia
The Dumpers
Titan Outfit

Austria
Antimaniax

Canada
Corporation

France
The Gerbs
Union Jack

Germany
Dancehall Satan

Japan
Coquettish

Mexico
Niño Zombi

Russia

Нормы Морали
Most Wanted
The Poseurs

Switzerland
Body Bag

The United Kingdom
The Foamers
The Infested
Man Down!
My Own Religion
Officer Down
Power Corrupts
War Against Reason

The United States Of America
Atrocity Solution
Evil Empire
High Five Revival
The Intifada
No Glory
No-IQ
The No Service Project
Piss Shit Fuck
Public Serpents
The Shake-Up!
The Shilling
Star Fucking Hipsters
The Stupid Stupid Henchmen
Last edited by axeslash at Jun 30, 2011,
the Shake-Up?!? I'm ****in' positive I've seen them play at the skatepark by me. not entirely positive, but i might've been playing a set that night too.
Quote by Beakwithteeth
Can somebody refine one of these lists to be just bands with horn sections (if they even have them) 'cuz I am just really getting into ska-core (mostly because of the Flaming Tsunamis) but I want horns in the music pretty badly.
You 3rd wavers and your horns...

I'll refine the list, but I've got a calculus final I need to study for over the next 4 days so it won't come soon.

But I want you to know that I think you're a dick for asking someone to do that work for you.
Quote by XXm3t@lXX
Check out molotov compromise. Their an up and coming band outta my hometown, Houston Texas. You will more than likely like them if you like Leftover Crack, Star ****ing Hipsters and citizen Fish. Give em a try.

THIS
they rule hard
Molotov Compromise bores me. A lot.
No Cash
Quote by Pinballwizard93
you sir, Martinikiss7, should be president.

Jizz is where it is
Quote by Beakwithteeth
I am not a third waver I am just more a fan of skacore that has horn parts instead of just hardcore with distorted upstrokes occasionally.

I thought it would be an easy process to refine the list but I will just go through it myself and figure it out.
I haven't heard many skacore bands with distorted guitars playin' the ska parts. That's actually kind of rare.

You're a third waver. Admit it. It won't kill you.
Quote by axeslash
I haven't heard many skacore bands with distorted guitars playin' the ska parts. That's actually kind of rare.

Pressure Point?

idk, I haven't heard more than one or 2 songs by them, so I'm not sure if they fit in with the genre.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by nashawa
Pressure Point?

idk, I haven't heard more than one or 2 songs by them, so I'm not sure if they fit in with the genre.
I said I hadn't heard many bands that do that. I didn't say "I've never heard skacore with distorted ska parts."
Quote by axeslash
I said I hadn't heard many bands that do that. I didn't say "I've never heard skacore with distorted ska parts."

Yeah, sorry. My post was more or less a poorly worded, passive way of asking if they were actually skacore.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by nashawa
Yeah, sorry. My post was more or less a poorly worded, passive way of asking if they were actually skacore.
Jesus Christ you're worse than my mother.

Now link me up since apparently there are tons of bands with the name "Pressure Point."
The pressure point I'm thinking of aren't skacore.

The only band I can think of that might fit that description might be the filaments. But I didn't like what I heard by them so i haven't listened to it in a while and can't remember if they used distortion on upbeats or not.
Quote by axeslash

You're a third waver. Admit it. It won't kill you.

Really? Maybe I have just had a lot of bad examples then, 'cuz I heard that a lot a while back when I was like "I wonder what ska-core is". I might be KINDA a third waver, I like all types of ska though.
If you really really want "trumpets and crap" here's a list for ya.
fucking third wavers

Body Bag
Evil Empire
Most Wanted
Niño Zombi
Titan Outfits
Union Jack
Нормы Морали
Quote by RockThe40oz
The pressure point I'm thinking of aren't skacore.

The only band I can think of that might fit that description might be the filaments. But I didn't like what I heard by them so i haven't listened to it in a while and can't remember if they used distortion on upbeats or not.

Yeah there's a post-punk band also called Pressure Point.

I can't seem to find any videos of them that aren't beyond terrible, and they're myspace isn't working, so idk, but the song I've heard that makes me think they fit in is called "Rise Up", so... yeah...
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by axeslash

WATU has one song. A lot of Brunt Of It songs. Not a lot of bands but it certainly is a distinctive sound, especially on slower halftime upstrokes.
Quote by axeslash
If you really really want "trumpets and crap" here's a list for ya.
fucking third wavers

Who said "trumpets and crap"? Why is that a quote? I just made a request for something, why do you need to be so condescending?

Body Bag
Evil Empire
Most Wanted
Niño Zombi
Titan Outfits
Union Jack
Нормы Морали

Thanks
Quote by Beakwithteeth
Who said "trumpets and crap"? Why is that a quote? I just made a request for something, why do you need to be so condescending?

Thanks
Congratulations, you can't take a joke.

And irritate me.

haha, i like that. speaking of ska, my dumb friend tried telling me op ivy weren't ska at all, but all he ****in listens to is less than jake and reel big fish
Quote by axeslash
Congratulations, you can't take a joke.

And irritate me.

That's exactly what I thought of when I saw "trumpets and crap".

I miss NN2S...

Also, any other NN2S readers notice the irony (and maybe it's been brought up in the strip, but I haven't read it in a while, so if this is a moot point, forgive my ignorance) in how much Mitch Clem hates on emo and emo kids, yet Jawbreaker is constantly brought up as one of the "greatest bands ever"?
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Last edited by nashawa at Dec 8, 2009,
you can try paranoia dance party!
i starting to like a lot of their stuff

just look at Open Hand Records and Community Records bands
Someone called me a butthead and I missed it
i havent seen a nn2s comic in quite a while...

good times.
and the only band i can think of is No Cash, but they get old really fast(to me at least)
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Quote by BR0KENHEARTED
Thee most overrated band in punk rock, Leftover Crack.

Maybe Stza is massively overrated as a lyricist ("we are weak and duuuuuuuuuuumb!" seems to be deep and insightful to some schumcks,) but imo they're alright, pretty good musically and Stza is one of the few screaming vocalists I can actually stand.
Quote by JohnnyV
I'm pretty sure the feeling i get when i blow my load on my computer screen is a f*ck of a lot different than when i shoot in on my girlfriend's face.

Music things

PRS SE Custom 24
Epiphone G400
Vox AC15C1
Page 1 of 3