Know of any cool synthesizers? I don't want to be spending 300 on one. I want a pedal that makes weird out-of-this-world sounds. Ex: EHX Micro Synth. Know of any others?
Well, there isn't much i can think under 300 expect the microsynth
maybe something like the line 6 fm4? never tried it but i've heard it in action.
Quote by mikeyElite
maybe something like the line 6 fm4? never tried it but i've heard it in action.

Oh, I forgot about that one, I've tried it, it's really fun to mess around with.
The MXR Blue Box and EHX Octave Multiplexer, or any other octave pedal really. They can make some really cool glitches when you play chords. Also, any pitch shifter. Boss PS-3s are awesome.
Quote by Rockford_rocks
HENDRIX WAS NOT MEANT TO GO WOOBLYWOOBLYWOOBLYWOOBLY!

I suggest the FM-4, but "synth sounds" is a really vague term. You can get synth sounds with the combination of a pitch shifter, an envelope filter, a fuzz, and delay... or just a really crazy oscillating fuzz. A compressor, an octave pedal, a volume pedal, and a delay can get a different kind of synth sound.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Good point..... "synth sounds" - a weird and wacky sound that can't be duplicated by someone else and is entirely my own. Nothing you would normally hear on a cd. Just a pedal that I can have fun with and mess around on.
The FM-4 definitely fits that description.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments