This may seem like a silly question, but how do you make ambient noise that actually sounds good? I have a DL4 that I ocassionally use for leads, but im curious on how to get some ambient noises out of it. any suggestions?
Marshall JCM 800 2203
Peavey 5150 II
Marshall 1960AV
Gibson Studio Alpine White
DL4 Delay Pedal
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus Pedal
Boss TU-2 Tuner Pedal
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor Pedal
Holy Grail Plus
Ernie Ball Volume Pedal Jr.
loops
Guitars
Prs Custom 24
Fender Jaguar
Gibson Les paul standard dc
Ibanez as71

Amps
Peavey xxx
Crate v-32h/cab

Effects
Dimebag wah
carbon copy
evh phase
blackstart ht-duel
holy grail plus
electric mistress stereo
dd-20
try fourth chords. basically, its a chord that uses notes from the major or minor scale that are all fourths apart. so pick a start note, then go four above that, then four above that, and then four above that according to the scale you are using (so diatonically, not chromatically).
You just mess around until you find something good. There's no science to it really.
Quote by Blind In 1 Ear
try fourth chords. basically, its a chord that uses notes from the major or minor scale that are all fourths apart. so pick a start note, then go four above that, then four above that, and then four above that according to the scale you are using (so diatonically, not chromatically).

Nice, Fifths sound nice and ambient too, as well as octaves because of the perfect intervals... I'd recommend using lots of delay and reverb and you can throw it all into a loop to make more ambience.
Quote by Chris Fury
Nice, Fifths sound nice and ambient too, as well as octaves because of the perfect intervals... I'd recommend using lots of delay and reverb and you can throw it all into a loop to make more ambience.

yeah fifths work too i just think they sound a little more dissonant than fourths. so i guess it depends on what you want to do. another thing you could do is play the chord with the volume off and slowly roll it up.