im looking for a CHEAP but reliable bass amp but I dont know what size to get. the loudest I would need it to be would be for jamming with a drummer or even a light gig
GEAR:
Epiphone Les Paul Special II
Ibanez Rg350m YE
Roland Cube 80X
Squier Acoustic << AWESOME
Whats your budget?
So that with good courage we say, “The Lord is my helper. I will not fear. What can man do to me?”

-Hebrews 13:6
it matters what your budget is. if it is anywhere in the 500 dollar range i would check out the mark bass stuff.

Epi LP Custom EMGs
ESP H-1000
Schecter Elite 7
Jackson Dominion
Peavey Valveking Head
Jet City JCA24s
Blackstar HT20 & HTV212
MXR Pedals
Schecter Stiletto Custom
Schecter Stiletto Studio
Fender Vintage Modified
Ampeg B2RE
Fender 4x10 Cab
no more than 300 but shooting for 100-200 (willing to buy used)
is that too cheap?
GEAR:
Ibanez Rg350m YE
Roland Cube 80X
250-300 is a great budget for used gear. check out ebay or used.guitarcenter.com to see what the going rates are. most of the time guitar center will lower thier prices on used stuff if you pressure them.
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
what would be a good size though?
GEAR:
Ibanez Rg350m YE
Roland Cube 80X
Try a Peavey Max 110 bass amp.

It's 20 watts (4 ohms) with a 10" speaker. It sounds perfect for what you're looking for.
^not quite

You need to shoot for at least 2x the guitarist. With a semi-aggressive drummer, I would not go lower than 200 W. I barely get above my drummer with 150 w.
Quote by anarkee
^not quite

You need to shoot for at least 2x the guitarist. With a semi-aggressive drummer, I would not go lower than 200 W. I barely get above my drummer with 150 w.

either bass amps are more different than guitar amps than i thought or thats ridiculous
GEAR:
Ibanez Rg350m YE
Roland Cube 80X
The amps from Ashdown and/or Mark Bass are a great choice.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Quote by anarkee
Bass amps =/= guitar amps. The formula is 2 x 3 times greater than the guitar amp.

That's what I'm getting at, for practice with a drummer, or maybe a small gig, IMO< it should do fine. I own one, and the thing has a LOT of power to it for a 20-watt amp.