I am looking at buying a Korg CX-3 in the near future. For you who don't know, it is an electric organ. Could I run it through my valve junior while i save for an ampeg?
MY GEAR

Guitars
- Gibson SG Standard(Ebony)
Amps
- Vox AC30
Pedals
- Vox V487A Wah
- SansAmp Classic
- EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
- MadeByMike Custom Overdrive
- HBE Germania 44
You probably could. I wouldn't think it would hurt it unless it goes pretty low, then it could hurt the speaker/cone in the amp. So I'd only do it if you wouldn't mind losing the amp, just to be extra safe.
Quote by Holy Katana
Absolutely. Organs sound awesome when you put them through guitar amps. Just ask Jon Lord.

This. But obviously, you'll want to avoid playing really low notes just like you'd want to avoid playing a bass guitar through it.
Or you could just use headphones.
the first reply should have been:

"Of course, I'm always willing to help your organ "

I demand that D&DLover edit his post.
I don't know the answer to you question, but I do know two people who found electric organs in thrift stores for $10 and $15 respectively. Just sayin'
I think we took too many drugs when we were kids,
'cause now we like to make
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne
Yeah, vintage organs go for pretty cheap. And they're the real deal, as opposed to Korg's, which is just a DSP emulation, although almost certainly a fantastic one.
Last edited by Holy Katana at Nov 29, 2009,
Quote by iantheman
I don't know the answer to you question, but I do know two people who found electric organs in thrift stores for $10 and $15 respectively. Just sayin'

There's probably a very good reason why they only paid $10 and $15. I mean, there are probably electric guitars available for that price, but people will still save thousands for one.
Quote by The4thHorsemen
the first reply should have been:

"Of course, I'm always willing to help your organ "

I demand that D&DLover edit his post.

Were I a witty man, that would have been awesome.
Quote by Meurglys3
There's probably a very good reason why they only paid $10 and $15. I mean, there are probably electric guitars available for that price, but people will still save thousands for one.

It's because they're vintage. Unless they're like Hammonds or something, organs don't exactly hold their value.
Quote by Holy Katana
It's because they're vintage. Unless they're like Hammonds or something, organs don't exactly hold their value.

Why? Does the quality actually deteriorate, or just the value?

this thread has gotten me interested in getting myself a cheap organ.
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne
Honestly, I have never seen a cheap organ that wasn't a chord organ, which is cheap and utter ****. Proof, plox.

^^ I'm not sure. I guess it's sort of like how old synths that aren't made by Moog or ARP lose value considerably over the years. Like, you can get an old Roland Alpha Juno for under $400, which is much less than it originally sold for.
Last edited by Holy Katana at Nov 29, 2009,

*rimshot*
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"
Quote by SaintsofNowhere
Honestly, I have never seen a cheap organ that wasn't a chord organ, which is cheap and utter ****. Proof, plox.

I'm not at all knowledgeable on this subject. what exactly is a chord organ?
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne
Quote by GibsonRocker14

*rimshot*

Too easy dude
Why should I come down?
From here, I can see forever.
I very confused for a second, when reading the first post.
This space has been intentionally left blank.
Quote by SaintsofNowhere
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chord_organ

Basically a toy.

EDIT: After reading through that wiki page, I saw that it originally WAS a toy! Good call, Saints!

I still don't understand the difference between it and one that costs a thousand dollars.
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne
Quote by SaintsofNowhere
Chord organ: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6cJhN7vzNY

Electric Organ: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPM50B6Sr_E

NOW do you know the difference?

Chord organs have a motor in them that blows air over reeds. (Not an expert on them, that's my understanding of it)

thanks for crushing my dreams of getting something decent for almost no money.
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne
Quote by iantheman
thanks for crushing my dreams of getting something decent for almost no money.

I'm sorry man but someone had to tell you it was too good to be true! However, A Korg CX-3 like the one in the vid can be had for around 700 bucks

And there's still the old synths that were mentioned earlier!

You should run it through a monitor instead of a guitar amp. Guitar amps are not designed to handle the range of frequency that keyboard instruments have.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Pssh, organs and especially electric pianos sound WAY better through guitar amps. What's a Rhodes without that bark it has when overdriven?
Lots of organists run them through bass tube amps, though. For instance, Chris Ross of Wolfmother- CX-3 through an Ampeg SVT-CL with matching 8x10 cab.