anybody heard of this amp?

Again,its "THE classic"

im just wondering should i pick it up for 25 bucks or not
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
for 25 i would.

it could turn out to be a good amp or something that you could tinker with and maybe mod
Guitars:

1998 Squier Affinity Stratocaster

Amps:

Peavey Valve king 112

Money is just paper, but it affects people like poetry.
what is it? just look at it, or if in an ad, then ask.

what watts, size? is it a practice amp? does it work? have two channels?

if it's a small practice amp i wouldnt bother.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Twenty five dollars is twenty five dollars. You tell us as we have no pics or info whatsoever.

its a 70's Peavey classic amp(the one with the white stripe on both side).Its in Working condition but as far the owner can tell,it put out more heat than normal and it sound very low(probably tube,or OT),the thing is still working though
heres a few thing i think i know about that amp

2x12
SS Pre and tube Power amp
made in Usa @ ~70'

should i expect to spend ~$100 to get it into full/pristine condition
Quote by angusfan16
I got my sister pregnant once. Yeah, that was awkward, but mostly because she's 6 years younger than me.
For 25 bucks you might as well grab it and then judge. You might end up with a pretty box to keep things in or you might end up with an awesome amp, you never know.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

For 25 bucks, I'd say do it. As previously stated, if it doesn't turn out to be a good amp, it can be something to mess around with.

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234
you sir, have just won for this statement. =D

Young Knees
does anybody know whats the speaker is?

black widow?
Quote by angusfan16
black widow speakers were supposedly reknowned during the 80's or maybe that was the scorpion. whichever it was, Peavey loaded a lot of their amps with them at the time.

a 25$ amp with a tube power section should be a good grab. if its got some serious problems.. you might expect to spend some cash to get it running again.. you'll have to ask yourself if you want to invest that time and money into it.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
its still running but it put out more heat than usual + low volume.SO the only thing i think that cause the problem is the power tube
Quote by angusfan16
Quote by SimplyBen
For 25 bucks you might as well grab it and then judge. You might end up with a pretty box to keep things in or you might end up with an awesome amp, you never know.

+1

But for $25, you can't really go wrong That's not even a tank of gas
if it's a 2x12, if the speakers work, you could always disconnect the amp chassis and use it as a cab.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by eyebanez333
+1

But for $25, you can't really go wrong That's not even a tank of gas

i wish i even have a car .........

Edit:yeah,i gonna pick it up tomorrow,unless someone get there before me
Quote by angusfan16
Last edited by O.O Meow O.O at Nov 30, 2009,
Pic

hmm,pretty weird switch and it have Eminence
Quote by angusfan16
Quote by jj1565
if it's a 2x12, if the speakers work, you could always disconnect the amp chassis and use it as a cab.

+1

if the amp works, you can check if there are mods for it... like a choke, or a new PT and OT from Mercury Magnetics... who knows... it might be a pretty decent project amp.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.