I have an american deluxe and I shoulda bought the one with humbucker in it...but it was on sale and I thought I could just pick one I want instead of gettin the stock one..

anyways I want one for the bridge position obviously...
Something that is vintage output but still sound good distorted because I mostly play classic rock and blues...only sometimes I play heavy rock

I was looking at the Dimarzio eric johnson humbuckers...the description looks pretty good.....also the bluesbucker sounds cool too ...it suppose to have P-90 quality in it..while being a humbucker

anyways suggestions ?

Also does anyone know if the dimarzio virtual solo is better than the stock cobalt pickups ? cuz I got it as a gift and im thinkin about puttin it in the neck po
27mMoV31II7.a2
Last edited by Antimage27 at Nov 29, 2009,
I heard that dimarzio has a much better quality control than Seymour duncan ..is this true ?
27mMoV31II7.a2
Quote by Antimage27
I heard that dimarzio has a much better quality control than Seymour duncan ..is this true ?

nope. both are good companies though.

the virtual solo IMHO is a better pup than the stock pup.

I suggest you go for a Duncan Antiquity for the humbucker.
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Seymour Duncan Cool Rails can get vintage tone and still sound good with overdrive and distortion.

I don't know if they make it in a single size, but the dimarzio virtual p-90 is good for that too. It doesn't sound all that much like a p-90, but it's a really unique versatile pickup.
UG's Prodigal Son
has anyone tried a SD P rail ?
the one thats like 3 in 1 pickup
27mMoV31II7.a2
Quote by Antimage27
has anyone tried a SD P rail ?
the one thats like 3 in 1 pickup

I tried it. I wasn't a huge fan of it. It sounded alright, but nothing special.
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
get a seymour duncan junior jb? or a seymour duncan sh4 jb?
Gibson Les Paul Jr.
1984 Marshall JCM 800 4210
Voc AC30c2
Quote by Antimage27

i don't think thats completely true, but i know of one person (Mr. Flibble) who had trouble fitting a Seymour Duncan Tele pickup into the bridge. makes me wonder how tight they are on the QC if their pickups can be just a millimeter too large. kind of strange.

anyway i love the super distortion. not as low output as you're looking for, but it's a great pickup. if you coil split and/or possibly lower it to balance it out volume-wise with the rest of your pickups. great cleans too!
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip