I'm modding and rehousing an Ibanez SM7, and I'd like to put it on my pedalboard afterwards. The only problem is the shitty buffer it has. What are some decent loop pedals that are true bypass that I could put the pedal through?
Quote by Rockford_rocks
HENDRIX WAS NOT MEANT TO GO WOOBLYWOOBLYWOOBLYWOOBLY!

Build one. It's four jacks, an enclosure, a stomp switch, and some wires. Check beavisaudio.com for schematics.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
or if you're rich and lazy pick up a keeley "japanese apartment" for about $85
Quote by GrisKy
or if you're rich and lazy pick up a keeley "japanese apartment" for about $85

Robert Keeley's a pedal genius but no single true bypass loop is worth that much.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx

Robert Keeley's a pedal genius but no single true bypass loop is worth that much.

agreed... tough to believe you're paying for much more than the name and a couple LEDs on the JA. on the other hand, if you're unsure of your soldering skills, you can sleep easy with keeley's work. what's the going rate for peace of mind
Quote by forsaknazrael
http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main.php/v/DRAGONFLY-LAYOUTS_0/The-Mod-Zone-_/EZ_3PDT_WIRING.gif.html
Except circuit Input/output goes to the tip of jacks that your pedal will be plugged into.

Thats not a very good diagram. The 3PDT has lugs that are rectangular so the switch can be orientated correctly. The diagram doesnt show which way round it should go (the lugs should run horizontally) and that only shows the switch layout, to do that to a non-true bypass pedal would require you to bypass the buffer, which is different for most pedals.
A looper is very easy to build, and is about $20 in parts. Here's a good diagram for one
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/kev93_10/pedals/wiring/tb-loop-wiring.png
Not my diagram.

And if you've got half a lick of common sense, but didn't know the orientation, you'd hook a multimeter up to see which sides were switching.

And it would be for building a separate box. Just doesn't show any of the jacks...This would bypass the pedal just fine.

EDIT: Woops, missed that he wanted to rehouse it completely.
Last edited by forsaknazrael at Nov 30, 2009,
I'll probably just build one, it's not that difficult and considerably cheaper.
Quote by Rockford_rocks

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Carl-Martin-Octa-Switch-Guitar-Effects-Switching-System?sku=152013

If you've got the money mate, then get this right here. You can loop 8 pedals or 8 combination of pedals and then label them with a labeler.

It's a real nice and proper bypass.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

Quote by Weeping_Demon7
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Carl-Martin-Octa-Switch-Guitar-Effects-Switching-System?sku=152013

If you've got the money mate, then get this right here. You can loop 8 pedals or 8 combination of pedals and then label them with a labeler.

It's a real nice and proper bypass.

That's nice, but I definitely don't have the money for that, and I only need a loop for one pedal.
Quote by Rockford_rocks

Quote by forsaknazrael
Do you still want to rehouse the pedal? Sorry, the diagram I provided was for using a separate box, and keeping the pedal inside the bypass loop.

That's what I plan on doing anyway.
Quote by Rockford_rocks

Quote by boboguitar
That's nice, but I definitely don't have the money for that, and I only need a loop for one pedal.

Well never mind then. But I do think that if you've got the money, a dedicated switcher is worth it.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society