I am finishing high school this year and I am thinking about doing some traveling. I think I want to go to Spain and Italy. Maybe on another trip in the future I will go to Brazil. I have heard many things on the internet and my question is: am I going to get harrassed because I'm an American? I have read in numerous places, including ug, that many people are rude to Americans. Is this true?
my gear: ibanez destroyer( with gibson 500t pickup), epiphone les paul plus,ampeg electric, marshall jcm2000 triple super lead half stack
If you've never been to a developing nation, come to Thailand. I'm here for another 3 weeks or so, and it's been awesome. And Americans are welcome. They love white people here lol. They will think you have money though, so be prepared to buy tons of stuff, or turn a lot of people down. The shop owners are very persistent. Cost of living is pretty low too, so you can get a lot of things way cheaper than in the states, as long as you don't want American brands.
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life."
-Frank Zappa

"Where words fail, music speaks."
-Hans Christian Andersen
Pretend to be Canadian. =D
Quote by Mattron2000
Shadowenspirit,
Developmental Tamer.
Shadowenspirit,
Ancient Sandwich Crafter

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: "O Lord make my enemies ridiculous." And God granted it.

-Voltaire

So it is written.
Go to Asia man... generally very interesting people and places.

^And yes... if shit goes bad, hide the passport and act Canadian.
AROUND THE WORLD

Click here if you like the Washington Wizards
Go to AFGHANISTAN or IRAG,IRAN or anywhere else in the middle east, they love white people there especially americans
Rofl?

Lol Cross. The Power of LOL Compels you!
If you go to Spain, you must go to Ibiza, it's supposed to be crazy! I'm going there in two years. Jamaice, Dominican Republic, Honduras, Ireland, England, Vietnam, and Brazil are all cool places too.
Quote by Shadowenspirit
Pretend to be Canadian. =D

Canadians dislike Non-Canadians who do this. But we're too nice to do anything about it.

Have a nice trip TS.
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
i've never had a problem with it. i'm sure it varies depending on how you act and treat them, so how's about you help out our a rep a bit and be a nice fellow.

My mind is going. I can feel it.
Quote by 1avatar328
Go to AFGHANISTAN or IRAG,IRAN or anywhere else in the middle east, they love white people there especially americans

Lol... Irag...
Last edited by 'Leviathan' at Nov 30, 2009,