My guitar looks like the one in this link (but made by "Adonis")

http://www.interstatemusic.com/wcsstore/InterstateMusic/ims/ipf/GTS2803060803.jpg

Its very hard for me to tune it. I only learned how to play an acoustic guitar. But tuning this guitar seems to be hard because the tuning of a string makes the other string drop.
for example: When I tune 6th string to 'E' after tuning the 5th to 'A' , the tune of 5th string goes down to 'G'.....

I think the reason is that when i tune up, the tension on the bridge increases and so, it effects all the other strings.

So please someone tell me how to solve this...
Is there anything wrong in my guitar..? or Should I replace those two big springs in behind which holds the bridge...? or Is there any special technique to tune this type of guitars...?

Thank You..!!!
This is because your guitar has a floyd rose style bridge in it. It is completely built around equal tension. First there are springs in the back of the body that pull the bridge toward the body. Next when you slap strings on the guitar and tune them up the tension the strings provide balance out that tension coming from the springs. When you tune any string the tension is immediately changed on all the strings. To fix this tune your guitar to what ever tuning you want. Don't worry about if they go out of tune the first time through. Next see how far the strings went out of tune. If they go sharp tension has been added if they go flat tension has been released. Now as a rough guide a quarter step in either direction is about equal to a quarter turn on the screws in the back of the guitar. Now look at those springs in the back. They should be atatched to a plate and then two screws on the opposite end. They control how much tension the springs add. Loosen them to relieve tension, tighten to add. Now back to the strings. Lets say after tuning they went sharp a half step. Go to the back of the guitar and loosen both screws a half a turn and then proceed to tune again. Don't loosen the screws too much or you'll have a problem. Don't get frustrated, this will take a long time since it's your first time. I've been adjusting these types of bridges for 3 years and i still can't set one up in under 10 minutes.

So the short of it is.

The strings go sharp loosen the screws.

The strings go flat tighten the screws.

Best of luck to you, if you have any other questions feel free to ask.
Last edited by Phat Stud 55 at Nov 29, 2009,
even though he linked a floyd. i have a feeling he's got a strat style trem bridge on a starter guitar.

in that case TS you'll want to flip the guitar over take off the back plate, look at the springs in there.

add more springs, and tighten the screws in there.

you'll want the bridge of the guitar to be flush against the body of the guitar. not with it's ass end in the air.

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Nov 29, 2009,
Thank You....!!! Thanks to all of you....
I`ll try to tune calmly...
On the bridge it says "Licenced under the Floyed Rose...." and In the back there is only two springs... so I will try getting more springs also...

Thank You All....Very Much..!!!
ok yes, get another spring.

you do have a floyd. sorry i was just guessing based on what i could see from your guitar brand. so you don't have it completely flush to the body, but you do need it balanced.

so. ok, listen to the other fella, tune up the way he said.

with floyds, you'll want to look up "cross tuning" too.
when you tune up the Low E, then the high e.
the A then the B.
the D then the g.

so add a spring, because it sounds to me like you're bridge is not balanced.
cross tune,

and also check out the Floyd Setup thread at the top of the EG page with additional questions.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=614226
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011