I was messing around on guitar and got pretty tired of the usual E Phrygian and E Lydian. So i broke that and tried to make something really really basic and kinda "beginner" that i can teach myself and play blues with. This is basically it.

E------------------------------------------------------10--12--------------------------
B-----------------------------------------8--10--12-----------------------------------------
G----------------------------------7--9--------------------------------------------------
D-----------------------5--7--9------------------------------------------------------------
A----------------5--7--------------------------------------------------------------------
E-0--3--5--7--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the thing about me making scales is i've never been able to read sheet music or even tabs for that matter. i do everything by ear, and can only write very simple tabs like this one.

I would like to know what this scale could be called. i know it is in the key of E, but i dont know major, minor, or anything like that.

another scale i would really like to identity is this one.

E-----------------------------------------------------8--11--12---------------------------
B--------------------------------------9--10--12--------------------------------------------
G-----------------------------9--10-------------------------------------------------------
D------------6--7--9--10---------------------------------------------------------------------
A-----7--8-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
E---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i got nothin on that.... i heard something like it from a band called Sex Machineguns and picked out that scale from what a bunch of their songs sounded like. its probably not exactly the same as their's, but it sounds good to my ears....
Quote by Zach
I'm gonna make a poster of my pinky finger that says in big bold letters on the bottom 'USE IT'
Quote by Switch
I was not expecting him to have a ferret skilled in nuclear weaponry
Scale 1 is E minor pentatonic

Scale 2 is a scale I've gotten a bunch of different names for. I've heard 'double harmonic', 'miserloo scale', all sorts of stuff.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
Quote by gwitersnamps
Scale 1 is E minor pentatonic

Scale 2 is a scale I've gotten a bunch of different names for. I've heard 'double harmonic', 'miserloo scale', all sorts of stuff.

E Minor Pentatonic.... i figured it would be something Paul Gilbert style just from the sound...

as for the second scale, I am very surprised at the amount of bands that use the scale or variations of it. I wonder if they are doing what i am and playing what other bands are and just adapting it to fit. its a very weird one....

Thanks a lot for the help
Quote by Zach
I'm gonna make a poster of my pinky finger that says in big bold letters on the bottom 'USE IT'
Quote by Switch
^^ both correct ^^

also, i sense that you have the skills but lack the technique and knowledge to get the most out of your guitar playing. reading tabs is a very very useful tool, as well as some basic theory. try this lesson out: http://magicbooktheory.com/g_tabs.htm its a little basic, but im not sure where you are on the subject so its a good place to start.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
Quote by TK1
^^ both correct ^^

also, i sense that you have the skills but lack the technique and knowledge to get the most out of your guitar playing. reading tabs is a very very useful tool, as well as some basic theory. try this lesson out: http://magicbooktheory.com/g_tabs.htm its a little basic, but im not sure where you are on the subject so its a good place to start.

thanks for the link. i'll check it out.
Quote by Zach
Quote by Switch