as in guys that are veterans-60 year olds ,40,year olds who have been in every situation and are at the session musician level,is it a good thing?i'm just wondering because i'm not where i want to be as a player and am down on myself at times,but have been getting good recognition from those types of players.don't know what they see,because i think i can improve alot.This isn't an ego based question,but i just wonder if their attention is valid,because i'[ve been depressed about my playing for a long time and quit for awhile because of it..
Last edited by fords989 at Nov 30, 2009,
i say attention from any fellow musicians (except for someone that has played for a short ass time or doesn't play at all) is great. mainly because they know how things shouyld go and what good vs bad sounds like.
so take this compliment with utmost care cause it obviously means your good!
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
Quote by fords989
as in guys that are veterans-60 year olds ,40,yewar olds who have been in every situation and are at the session musician level,is it a good thing?i'm justb wondering because i'm not where i want to be as a player and am down on myself at times,but have been getting good recognition from those types of players.don't know what they see,because i think i can improve alot.This isn't an ego based question,but i just wonder if their attention is valid,because i'[ve been depressed about my playing for a long time and quit for awhile because of it..

Well,if someone who's been playing for decades compliments you then it's obviously a good thing.

I played lead in a band with guys more than twice my age for a while,and they complimented me all the time,despite me thinking my playing was stale and lacking.Other people can hear your music for what it actually is,and can judge it that way,while you can't because you're putting pressure and mental constraints on yourself and taking a defeatist attitude.I know all this because I do the same thing constantly .

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

I know this guy who been playing for like 20 years and know his stuff and said i had talent I always reply, I do ok
Panties 'round your knees
With your ass in debris
Doin' dat grind with a push and squeeze
Tied up, tied down, up against the wall
Be my rubbermade baby
An' we can do it all

My way - your way
Anything goes tonight
not an ego based question?
because all i took from this was "hey some old musicians said my playing was good guys where's my medal?"

i haven't seen you play dude so this is just a pointless thread
Quote by spitonastranger
not an ego based question?
because all i took from this was "hey some old musicians said my playing was good guys where's my medal?"

i haven't seen you play dude so this is just a pointless thread

+1

this thread is stupid, you'd be able to answer your own questions if you had even a little common sense.