I'm looking to get a variety of tones from my ac4tv without changing the volume. Mainly due to people complaining. I enjoy blues, classic rock, and once in a while something a little heavier, no metal. I've been told a Vox over the top would be a great pedal. What do you suggest?
I heard the vox satchuratorbthe other day and wow did that sound good.

Maybe shoot for a digitech bad monkey or ibanez tubescreamer.
Sounds like you need a boost mainly, and distortion as a sometimes?
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
The OTT will give you more of the vox tone, which is cool but not what you want, from the sound of it.

It sounds like you need something a bit more marshally, maybe a Zvex box of rock. A way huge pork loin would sound pretty good with that amp too I think.

What's your budget?
I would second the BoR suggestion.

I personally think that tubescreamers sound rank with any amp that is not a Fender BF.
I'll second the Catalinbread DLS and Zvex BoR, there's plenty of other "Marshall in a box" pedals as well. Both pedals I've been considering to pair with my Vox. They'll give you a good bit of gain and a slightly different tone for versatility.
I'm getting this amp for christmas along with the Dunlop Fuzz Face. My brothers giving me his cry baby wah. I like that same style as you so thats what i could recommend. Maybe a better fuzz pedal but i like the fuzz face because its what Hendrix my favorite guitarist used.
Quote by forsaknazrael
The current Dunlop fuzz face isn't like Jimi's fuzz at all.

its not? I thought thats what he used. I'm not talking about the Hendrix one either, i'm talking about the original.