I'm looking around for a way to plug my guitar into my laptop using a usb device. I already have the software (guitar rig 3) but I just need the interface. I'm just looking for a no frills device that will simply let me connect to my pc. I found this this one but I'm wondering is it any good? Will this give me the same quality as say the line 6 toneport? I know that it now comes with software but the hardware I can find it on ebay or craigslist. Tone wise, it should be the same right? A USB device is simply a USB device right?
M-audio fasttrack USB is popular around here

Tone port too

Berhinger is usually utter shit, so idk.
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
Nope, that one has emulation built in, and from the looks of the reviews on the right hand site, isn't really compatible with what you want to use. It definitely won't sound like a toneport, if that 3-amp thing is the same modeling that behringer amps use.
what do you mean emulation built in? Those guitar amp combos are just used for people who don't have any software that will allow them to use the device, unless I'm missing something....
Sorry, should have explained that better. I think it only runs with the emulation software that's included with it, and doesn't play well with other programs like guitar rig 3, whereas the toneport lets you use either the emulation it comes with, or will simply input your guitar into another program.
oh ok.. so that's the only difference between the two then? But the sound quality of them both is the same then.
Quote by Roc8995
Nope, that one has emulation built in, and from the looks of the reviews on the right hand site, isn't really compatible with what you want to use. It definitely won't sound like a toneport, if that 3-amp thing is the same modeling that behringer amps use.

What? It's exactly what he's looking for, and the amps it comes with Guitar Rig are the PLexi, AC30 and Twin from Guitar Rig.

It doesn't have any emulation 'built in', it's just a cheap USB interface that comes with a stripped-down copy of Guitar Rig on CD.
^My mistake. For some reason I thought it had a different emulation that I had seen on other behringers.
Cute that they call a plexi a combo, though.
You could always buy one of those USB guitars at Radioshack; I've always been curious to see how they feel and sound.
I have the exact same "problem".

My brother has a second copy of Guitar Rig 3, it came bundled with some other high end audio software, so he's giving me the Guitar Rig 3 software disc that I can register to my name. Like LedZepFan2000, I just need the USB interface hardware.

Is that Behringer USB interface really going to work for us?

I guess my real question is, is the magic in the (USB interface) HARDWARE or is it solely in the (Guitar Rig 3) SOFTWARE?
Quote by Mr. Ploppy
I have the exact same "problem".

My brother has a second copy of Guitar Rig 3, it came bundled with some other high end audio software, so he's giving me the Guitar Rig 3 software disc that I can register to my name. Like LedZepFan2000, I just need the USB interface hardware.

Is that Behringer USB interface really going to work for us?

I guess my real question is, is the magic in the (USB interface) HARDWARE or is it solely in the (Guitar Rig 3) SOFTWARE?

The 'magic' is totally in the software. USB interfaces are simply a way of getting the best quality signal into the computer, so the processed result is of the highest possible quality.

You can plug your guitar straight into the PC's 'line in' port (with a 1/4" to 1/8" adapter) and perfectly good results from Guitar Rig, Apmlitube, Revalver etc.
Quote by LedZepFan2000
I'm looking around for a way to plug my guitar into my laptop using a usb device. I already have the software (guitar rig 3) but I just need the interface. I'm just looking for a no frills device that will simply let me connect to my pc. I found this this one but I'm wondering is it any good? Will this give me the same quality as say the line 6 toneport? I know that it now comes with software but the hardware I can find it on ebay or craigslist. Tone wise, it should be the same right? A USB device is simply a USB device right?

I've got that. I don't really like it as for some reason my computer detects it but it doesnt work until i reinstall the driver. It gets pretty annoying at times. This could just be a problem with my computer but then again im not sure. I think it works with most programmes but I havent really tried.
Quote by JTeighty
I've got that. I don't really like it as for some reason my computer detects it but it doesnt work until i reinstall the driver. It gets pretty annoying at times. This could just be a problem with my computer but then again im not sure. I think it works with most programmes but I havent really tried.

Sorry I reused my Behringer and found out my mistake. There is no problem with the driver. It isnt bad.
If you want a cheap option just buy a 3.5 to 1.5mm converter and stick it in to the line in socket.