Jackson. Jackson usually slaps Seymour Duncans in their guitars, has thinner necks, lighter bodies, and almost always unfinished necks. ESP's, I can't remember if they put a finish on their necks or not but I can't stand necks with finishes (except my agile, that's the only guitar i've ever played with a finished neck that does not stick). ESP's also use either proprietary pickups or EMG's most of the time. I personally am not a fan of EMG's. Im not sure if ESP bodies are heavy or not, only played a couple, but their proprietary pickups sound very muddy and scratchy, Jackson has them beat.

WAIT. Wait a minute. Are we talking ESP or LTD? I can't stand LTD's. The only ESP I ever played was an EC-1000, and as great a guitar as that is, still don't like EMG's. I preferred my RR1 over it.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.
totally depends on the model

does this constitute as a vs. thread?
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Jackson, faster neck and better pickups; ESP has a sludgy tone and mucks up distortion and i've noticed a lot of catching and holding moving up and down the neck, like above- finished neck. i guess you could pine-sol the thing if you really like it that much but i love the flatness the jackson and ibanez bring to the table
I prefer LTDs to Jacksons. I hate the feel of the rosewood Jackson uses. It feels cheap to me. Ive played a few RR3's and a midrange Warrior. I like the rosewood on LTDs. Pickups are usually better stock on Jacksons but thats an easy fix. I myself love EMGs. I have found them to be good for everything from Metallica to John Mayer. I also like the necks on the LTD more. Its thin, but there still feels like there is something to grab on to. That's my 2 cents.
Jackson. As people mentioned before me, faster necks, and you can either choose EMGs or Duncans on the same model for every guitar (almost). Nice overall tone, especially those Jacksons with maple fingerboard (I own the DK2M).

Not saying now that ESP's are awful guitar, 'cause they aren't. I like some LTD's (more expensive ones _OF COURSE_) and I've only played one ESP. Those have felt great too, but I still prefer Jacksons over them.
Gear:

Eastone ST-1
Jackson RR3 Limited Edition
Kustom Arrow 16
Line 6 POD X3 Live
The Box MA-120 MK-II
I'd take a high end MIJ ESP over a USA Jackson.I've grown to dislike Jackson necks and ESP offers more variety.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

I dislike EMG, but regardless I prefer ESP.
ESP make cheaper yet similiar quality guitars to Jackson, compare the LTD EX-400 to the Jackson WRMG. They are very similiar but I prefer the EX, because it isn't ugly.

Quote by Ishiga
WAIT. Wait a minute. Are we talking ESP or LTD? I can't stand LTD's. The only ESP I ever played was an EC-1000, and as great a guitar as that is, still don't like EMG's. I preferred my RR1 over it.

Well thats a great comparrison, compare a £1000 les paul with active pickups to a £2000 assymetrical V with passive pickups.