I've decided I want to travel Pit. I am sick and tired of daily routines, doing the same thing day to day, seeing the same sights, etc. I want something fresh, if only for a little while.

I live on Cape Cod, MA, and while alot of people may think this is a place known for its natural beauty, living here kinda takes that away. I want to go someplace in New England (preferably a city) and just find stuff. I don't want to go as a tourist (like, to see a museum or because theres a water park there or whatever), but rather, an explorer. Maybe visit a few jazz clubs or lay in a park or something.

So any suggestions on where to go? any similar urges?

EDIT: I might add that I'm 18, have no car (although depending on when I decide to go I may have one) but do have someone to go with that does, and money is no object (as im not going to be spending on anything specific, besides essentials).
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
Last edited by TK1 at Nov 30, 2009,
go on an epic journey past mordor into the black pits of grass valley california, and we shall have a party of epic proportions and maybe make our own commune.

then we ride... to Will Farrell's abode... steal him away!
and take him with us on a trek to area 51, getting wasted and ****ing bitches all along the way.

IN SEARCH OF THE ALIENS.

dont question my plan.

EDIT: on a more serious note, i've been feeling exactly the same way lately. tired of this ****ing small town drama bullshit that goes on. That my friend, is why i "medicate" myself.

but if you want to venture with me im go. seriously.
Last edited by QAZAR at Nov 30, 2009,
1. Buy a nice acoustic and a set of about ten sets of strings.
2. Drive across the country, stopping in a new town every day for a year or two, and write music whenever inspired.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Go to Mars, maaaaaaaaaaan

(Invalid img)
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Quote by necrosis1193
2. Drive across the country, stopping in a new town every day for a year or two, and write music whenever inspired.

A nice thought but somewhat reliant on petrol money which can be hard to come by if you are essentially a musical vagrant...
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Quote by IDread
A nice thought but somewhat reliant on petrol money which can be hard to come by if you are essentially a musical vagrant...

Pawn junk until you can afford a used diesel-powered car. Once you get it, you can power it, quite literally, on used deep fat fryer oil from your local McDonalds. A group of students from Caltech did it a year or two ago from their university to NYC. They throw it out otherwise, just offer to take it off their hands and you have a free fuel source.

Quote by necrosis1193

great, but too long term for the time being. otherwise I'd love to and probably will someday.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain

Sounds like a plan man.
I want to do the same.
Hop a train and go wherever it takes me with my guitar in hand.

ahhhh it sounds so great.

But...alas, only a dream.
Quote by joehhy
i will use my lvl 90 Golduck against the evil 4chans, they will not stand a chance

Quote by Led Pepplin
My penis is quite literally trembling in fear.

FLOCKDRAW!!!!!!! EPICS!!!!!
Quote by necrosis1193
Pawn junk until you can afford a used diesel-powered car. Once you get it, you can power it, quite literally, on used deep fat fryer oil from your local McDonalds. A group of students from Caltech did it a year or two ago from their university to NYC. They throw it out otherwise, just offer to take it off their hands and you have a free fuel source.

the biofuel thing is a little more expensive than youd think. first you need to make proper conversions to the car (changing fuel lines, injectors, etc) so that it can actually take the fuel. and depending on how you do it, theres different steps you'd need to take to prep the used oil, going from using it raw to having a micro-factory to make the stuff.

but thats besides the point lol I just want a quick getaway for the time being.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain

Quote by TK1
the biofuel thing is a little more expensive than youd think. first you need to make proper conversions to the car (changing fuel lines, injectors, etc) so that it can actually take the fuel. and depending on how you do it, theres different steps you'd need to take to prep the used oil, going from using it raw to having a micro-factory to make the stuff.

but thats besides the point lol I just want a quick getaway for the time being.

Actually, the Mythbusters did it without any conversions.

And if you want a quick getaway, go out and just drive in one direction for an entire day, when the sun sets go to the nearest hotel, get a room and figure out where you are.

Quote by necrosis1193

link?
Quote by necrosis1193

I'm pretty sure you would then have to carry the facilities to make bio-diesel with you in the car...
A normal diesel powered car cannot run on pure chip pan fat.
Although since bio-diesel isn't hard to make with a home made rig, you could do it if you don't mind giving up half the space in your car to chip fat.

Quote by necrosis1193
Actually, the Mythbusters did it without any conversions.

I would probably work but if you want any fuel efficiency at all you would want to make the modifications.
"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Last edited by IDread at Nov 30, 2009,
Quote by Gmp
link?

Again, it was years ago, finding it would take at the very least an hour or two of digging.

Quote by Gmp

I can imagine it now... TS riding around in a little diesel powered car with a ganja plant growing in the passenger seat and a bio-fuel plant in the back.
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
your gunna need money to travel........unless you live in india...where you can get one of these,
Classical Guitarist
Quote by Zep_shizzle
your gunna need money to travel........unless you live in india...where you can get one of these,

Because animals native to South America are so easy to find in India.
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Quote by IDread
Because animals native to South America are so easy to find in India.

lol. its not like i know everything dude.
its just a guess.
llama,camel. i just realized my mistake lol.
oop, oh well.
Classical Guitarist
Space. Truckin.
Life is like an Empty Box, there could be something exciting in it at first look, but upon further review, well, it's empty.

Quote by Zep_shizzle
lol. its not like i know everything dude.
its just a guess.
llama,camel. i just realized my mistake lol.
oop, oh well.

I was joking but now that you mention it camels aren't exactly native to India either.
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Quote by IDread
I was joking but now that you mention it camels aren't exactly native to India either.

then why do they appear in EVERY movie having to do with india?
Classical Guitarist
Quote by Zep_shizzle
then why do they appear in EVERY movie having to do with india?

I think you may be thinking of the Middle East.

I am yet to see a movie about India or set in India that has camels in it.
There are camels in India of course but they are mostly domesticated and don't originate from there.
Kind of in the same way that there are llama farms in Kent...
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Quote by IDread
I think you may be thinking of the Middle East.

I am yet to see a movie about India or set in India that has camels in it.
There are camels in India of course but they are mostly domesticated and don't originate from there.
Kind of in the same way that there are llama farms in Kent...

do research the domains of animals?
or what.
Classical Guitarist
Quote by Zep_shizzle
do research the domains of animals?
or what.

Nope. I just know that Llamas are native to central and south America and Camels are native to north and eastern Africa, Arabia and south Mongolia.

EDIT: Here is a handy diagram that illustrates the current distribution of both Camels and Llamas as well as Alpacas and other members of the family!

- H.I.M Haile Selassie I
Last edited by IDread at Nov 30, 2009,
Quote by Dawnwalker

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT?!
- H.I.M Haile Selassie I