Drums recorded in a room with an e609 and crappy condenser, both pretty far away. No pillow in bass drum. Has a big proximity effect. I re-did all the guitars later with my mesa dc-5 and the e609 at high volumes, I like the tone I got. Bass is done clean through a line 6 practice amp -> headphone jack -> mixer -> computer. I lowered the signal an octave in audacity and EQ'd it to make it more bass-like.

There are some "uhhh" moments because we didnt really finish the song and we were just going off cues. Also, theres no click track so I had some trouble adding in some guitar parts, i tried to get them as even as possible.

But with that said, let me know what you guys think

http://www.myspace.com/acidpenguins

it's "New 1 (11/28)"

I'd love to start cutting vocals for this song, but my singer is very busy lately and we havent been able to practice. shame because she has a great voice....
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Congrats dude. I kinda want a BJ too 'cause I like them so much. I'll check your clipz later.

Last edited by injected at Nov 30, 2009,
I thought it was decent until the drums and bass came in.

And as it kept going all I could think about is how bad the drums sound, and I'd forgive that if the timing and consistency were existent. I'm sorry if that sounds rough, I think there's potential, but that's holding everything back.
MINI enthusiast

@stevenpollock

My band: avenueofembers.com
Quote by neverspoiled
thank you stevenpollock..
the only Pit-head thats not a douche bag...right now anyway
=)
Last edited by stevenpollock at Nov 30, 2009,
the song sounds really good. the drums sound off though. at certain points. and you need to record the drums better. get a few more mics and mic the bass drum, snare and put one overhead and you'll be set. too much reverb on the drums but thats probably just because the mic was too far away from the drum set. the song itself is really good. i would like to hear vocals on it. the only thing is you need to re record the drums. good job though.

i'd appreciate it if you would listen and crit mine. https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1235483

this is a rough demo as well but i used two mics and you can hear the quality is improved a lot and you can hear the drums a lot more distinctly.
yup, i really noticed the drums being off sometimes. its just the way we recorded. He was listening to my guitar through headphones, and I couldnt hear myself at all. so it was kind of awkward sometimes. i just need to get some more adapters/splitters/mics.

lol i just hate to give that kind of impression... its not that we suck and cant play right... its our terrible way of recording v__v

i left some crit on yours too^^
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Congrats dude. I kinda want a BJ too 'cause I like them so much. I'll check your clipz later.

yhea I dont hear much of anything off time, the drums just have no high end whatsoever which doesnt match the clean guitar, the dirty guitars could use some treble too
well are you using a recording interface or just your computers sound card? most recording interfaces come with more than one input. i use a cheap 30 dollar m-audio usb interface and it comes with 2 mic inputs and 2 regular 1/4" inputs so i can record up to 4 mics at the same time if i had the right cords.

i suggest getting one of those and maybe have the drummer turn it up on the headphones so he can hear everything better.