mods, i apologize if this is in the wrong thread. if it is, please move it. thanks

so i borrowed my friend's interface and connected it to my computer. Is there any way I can plug my guitar straight into it? if so, how?

i'm very new to this, so any helpful comments are welcome and appreciated.

thanks
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
You're running a program right to like interface with the interface that interfaces with the computer?
interface.

But yeah just plug your guitar into one of the input jacks then go into your program(if you dont have one get reaper, best free one hands down, best out of any for me actually) enable the input you're plugged into, turn on the monitor track feature(in reaper it looks like a speaker) and you will hopefully hear guitar.
If you dont have an amp sim program i suggest getting one of the LePou ones, awesome amp sim.

Hopefully my post was understandable and helped.
thanks bro it works now!

but quick question, how do i get rid of the sound lag? Everything comes half a second through my speaker after I play it.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
With mine, I run headphones directly out of the interface and that works fine while I'm recording, no lag at all.

EDIT:

Make sure you've optimized your input settings on whatever software you're using, too. There's a good tutorial on Ableton Live that comes with the interface to do this, so maybe you just need to tweak them a bit.
Last edited by snot_foster25 at Nov 30, 2009,
you mean latency? "sound lag"

umm.. on the ASIO there should be a buffer size, and amount. adjust that.

or use a better computer.
Member of The 7 String Legion

Peavey Triple X Head
Mahieu 4x12 Cab (celestion g12t-75)
Gibson Vixen
Schecter C-1 Classic
Various Pedals, and Guitars.