Yes
144 45%
No
41 13%
Time will tell
137 43%
Voters: 322.
Page 1 of 3
So some people would prefer not to be involved in a marriage, whereas others would love being together with the same woman for the rest of their lives..

I can see why people would rather have sex with whoever they want and not be kept in a relationship, but would you prefer to get married or just live a casual life without it?

tl;dr: Read title
Yes, I hope I do.
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
No, I am a nun.
XIAOXI
Last edited by Abunai X at Nov 30, 2009,
time will tell young grasshopper.
Quote by aRandomSandwich
Walk in on your first day cover in butter and flop your knob out on the managers desk, this will show confidence, and your boss like that in a man, he likes that a lot, he also likes his penis in a man... work hard now y'all...

I would have to find an extremely special female to marry - I'm not expecting to necessarily marry, and I'm not planning to grow up and settle down etc.
I'd never get married out of religious reasons. Thank "God" I live in the Netherlands where such a marriage isn't recognised by the state.

Also, being married does NOT equal settling down with another person.
Military use of children?

Infantry.
I hope not, I don't really see the point in it. The idea of being with ONE person my whole life really freaks me out, although I guess that could just be because i've never felt like I 'loved' a person enough to imagine it.

Either way so many marriages break up nowadays i'm not sure if I see any point, i'd rather just have a long term relationship and see where it goes..
I'm old fashioned if it comes to marriage. I consider marriage a full on commitment, and given my experiences in relationships, I'm almost beyond belief that it's possible in that old fashioned sense. Sorry, too many married women have given me the open door between their legs, it's going to be hard to find someone I trust enough in that area.

So only time will tell. Also, the kind of woman who'd marry me would be a pretty are, down to earth one with a good (and slightly odd in the mainstream sense) sense of humor. I've kind of lost faith in the whole marriage thing. Even then, I don't consider it settling down, because I don't settle for someone I can "stand", I choose someone I like well enough to share my life with them, and that's a rare trait.
My Current Mains
- 1996 Fender Jag-Stang with EMG Pickups
- 1998 Fender Jaguar with Cool Rails
- 1982 Hondo Paul Dean II (DiMarzio Super II X2)
- 2010 "Fender" Jazzmaster (Home built)
- 2013 Squier VM Bass VI (stock)
Quote by stephen_rettie
you don't have to be married to be in a lifelong relationship with one person.

ITS CALLED THE POWER OF LOVE!

Its called being whipped
Quote by Rogue Hermit

You're a good man. I was waiting for somebody to step up with the obligatory "I come blood" reference.

Quote by guylee
goddammit. I'm going to bed. You win good sir.

Quote by stratguy335
Haha! You got the joke! You win a cookie.
I'd love to find the one I want to marry, but I'm not a strong believer in old fashioned marriage and its not a necessity nor a goal for me.
---

"L'esclave parfait est celui qui croit être libre."

---
i dont realy like the idea of it.its not the lack of freedom,i love being in a secure trusting relationship.i dont know i just think marrage is the milestone where "love" turns to livable hatred
Quote by Abunai X
No, I am a nun.

hot.

it's always been a sexual fantasy of mine to screw a nun.

EDIT: On topic. I chose only time will tell, mostly because of the costs involved in a backfired marriage

This thread made me realise though, I'm 20 now and so many people are married by the time they're 25 (or so it seems to me)... I don't have long before I'm tied up in this crap.
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
Last edited by EnyoAdonai at Nov 30, 2009,
Quote by carr4600
Its called being whipped

ya i suppose you love all that sexy one night stand sex you have, with women, and cocaine, and you just don't care cause you're a rockstar.

i personally want the family package.
For a man in Western society, marriage is at best a liability and at worst a life-ruining lapse in judgement. It'd be a very special woman that I'd even think about marrying...
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
I'd like to, but I'm not sure if I could ever find the right woman whom I would want to marry, and more importantly, would want to marry me.
kill all humans
Quote by MHDrunk
For a man in Western society, marriage is at best a liability and at worst a life-ruining lapse in judgement. It'd be a very special woman that I'd even think about marrying...

hahahaa feeling a bit bitter...?

Anyway, one week tomorrow and it's my 9th anniversary...

yay!
[
I think I'd probably just go for the long term relationship, no rings. Tis a big commitment either way though...
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Hopefully if I meet the right woman
"If I told you that, I'd have to kill you."
"Why is it like.. top secret?"
"No."

Last.fm
Quote by Skuzzmo
hahahaa feeling a bit bitter...?

Anyway, one week tomorrow and it's my 9th anniversary...

yay!

No
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Poll fail, where is already is married

My tick would be in that box
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
I don't see the point of marriage. In my eyes, it's basically proving you love someone. That's all well and good, but if it got to a point between me and a girl that marriage would become an option, then I'm fairly certain I've proven myself a few times over. That, and I don't want to get tangled up in nuptial crap.
Rockingedit: Though I'm young and stupid now, so my view may change with time.
Current Gear:
Michael Kelly Club Custom 5 Acoustic Bass
Dean Performer Series PE-QM-TGE
Varrios Basic 5 Bass
Acoustic B450 Combo Amp
I support the 2nd Amendment. I don't support people who abuse it.
If I met someone i really wanted to get married to, then yes. Not something I'd do just for the sake of doing it, though. Rather defeats the purpose.
I would, but only if I could find her.
Pink Floyd is Teh Best

Xbox Gamertag = Nick Schro

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high
Yes, I hope
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Time will tell, but I doubt it. I just can't see myself settling down with a person I love that much . It sucks being a solitary guy, but there's not much I can do.

That being said, one night stands and short time girlfriends will be abundant, so I can make up for it with that.
Quote by denfilade
For a moment I thought velcro shoes were ones with the whole bottom made of velcro

She could walk up your pubes with those

Quote by kannon
this post has aids
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
and 07'ers will always be well-respected members of UG society.
My girlfriend went on a rant about how much she hates the thought of getting married. It was so awesome to hear a girl say that, I damn near proposed to her.

Anyway, probably not, although I wouldn't mind having kids.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
Yes, when it's a nice day for a... white wedding.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by stephen_rettie
you don't have to be married to be in a lifelong relationship with one person.

ITS CALLED THE POWER OF LOVE!

totally. If I want everyone to know how much I lurve someone I will send them an email explaining it all.

and if I want a really enormous party I will just have one!

I don't like the idea of wearing the same ring all the time either... i like to change my rings..
I'm going to marry the shit out of the lot of you, just watch.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Quote by mdwallin
totally. If I want everyone to know how much I lurve someone I will send them an email explaining it all.

I'd write it on a public wall with my own semen. It might take a while, but if the love is strong enough then she can put up with me going away for a few weeks to fap.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
I've actually been thinking about this a lot lately because a really awesome girl has come into my life. It scares me. I can't imagine giving up all of my musical ambitions and committing all my time and money to make someone happy. And supporting a family?! Yikes. I can see myself doing that stuff like 15 or so years from now. Life is kind of scary at this age.
We're only strays.
Ehh... Marriages today never work seeing that the divorce rate is 70%... I'd rather be in relationships throughout time and do everything except having kids and such. Women today are much more controlling and clingy. GAHHHHHHH!
Guitars:
Fender Telecaster: American Standard
Ibanez: RG370DX
Amps:
Engl Powerball 100w Head
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cab
Page 1 of 3