hey guys UCAS deadline is almost here for those of us in the UK so this thread can be where we discuss our options etc. Dunno about the US system but maybe we could help find a good uni for you if you want to study here in the UK

Anyone else wanna go to Nottingham?
Quote by alaskan_ninja
I personally prefer 33 A.D. when they finally killed that bastard Jesus.

^ BRILLIANT^

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
Today is the deadline.

I applied at:

Brodstairs,
Brunel,
Kingstone,
Goldsmiths.

all for music!
JUST ANOTHER ANNOYING BIG STATUS
oo we were told it was Jan 16 i think but i dunno i applied earley cos of oxford lol which i'm not gonna get into
Quote by alaskan_ninja

^ BRILLIANT^

(\__/)
Deadline for early decision and scholarship consideration is Dec. 1st for my colleges. I've only applied to one atm, but it's the only one that matters.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
arrrrrgh. todays the day for me to hand in my international year application for my 3rd year... Thanks for reminding me actually.
whats an international year application?
Quote by alaskan_ninja

^ BRILLIANT^

(\__/)
I've applied to Southampton, UCL, Sheffield and Exeter for an MPhys, and Loughbrough for a BSc in physics. We were made to apply really early because our school is uptight- I think almost everyone had applied by the end of October.

Have conditionals from Sheffield and Loughbrough, and interviews at UCL (February) and Exeter (Tomorrow...).
Quote by gingerbreadaxe
hey guys UCAS deadline is almost here for those of us in the UK so this thread can be where we discuss our options etc. Dunno about the US system but maybe we could help find a good uni for you if you want to study here in the UK

Anyone else wanna go to Nottingham?

nottingham ftw!
my other choices were bristol, sussex, exeter and birmingham to study physics lol
with any luck my application has been sent off by now assuming the teachers arnt dossing about
Quote by Lampaslocus360
nottingham ftw!
my other choices were bristol, sussex, exeter and birmingham to study physics lol
with any luck my application has been sent off by now assuming the teachers arnt dossing about

haha awesome I got an offer for AAB to do psychology there

which campus you going for? university park or jubillee?
Quote by alaskan_ninja

^ BRILLIANT^

(\__/)
Quote by Lampaslocus360
nottingham ftw!

Which one? Bristol or UWE?

(UWE for the motherfudging win...)
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
applied to

nottingham trent
coventry
portsmouth
sheffiled hallam
huddersfield

all product design.
If its Illegal to Rock N Roll.........Throw my Ass in Jail!

Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha yes I recognize you mate!

i applied to warwick, manchester and york as well as oxford and nottingham
Quote by alaskan_ninja

^ BRILLIANT^

(\__/)
Music Tech at Swansea Metropolitan Uni

Fingers crossed
"If I told you that, I'd have to kill you."
"Why is it like.. top secret?"
"No."

Last.fm
My application started being processed yesterday. Applying to:
Edinburgh
Loughborough
Newcastle
Southampton
Aberdeen

In that order of preference. To do BSc in Computer Science, except Loughborough - Web Design and Development.
Should get my letter from UCAS about how to use Track soon.

EDIT:
In fact, I've just got an email through from Edinburgh saying they've received my application and about their applicants area.
Last edited by Wednesday Bass at Nov 30, 2009,
I'm ready to apply, I just need my personal statement to be checked over.
I'm applying to:
Staffordshire
Edinburgh
Canterbury Christchurch
Kent
Portsmouth.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
we won't have to apply yet but I want to to (marine)biology in Groningen (a dutch city). The only thing is it's like 400km from my home and not the greatest city
~And the raindrops in the cars

Keep on falling from off the bars

Blocking out a good song

Playing on the radio~
My application is currently stagnating in my school waiting to be sent off.

Applied to:
Edinburgh
Glasgow
St. Andrews
Aberdeen
Dundee

All for psychology MA.
I'v applied to Liverpool, Southampton, Warwick. Lancaster and Cardiff to do Law. Had offers from them all except Warwick, I'm concerned they don't want me like the others do!
I'm in US so I don't know really know those schools. However, I've applied so far to UGA and UNC-Chapel Hill (which is my top choice), as well as a last second 'for the hell of it' type application to Tulane. I'll still apply to Emory and Vanderbilt and if I don't get into UNC, I'll apply to UNC-Asheville as a backup.

But I'm hoping for UNC-Chapel Hill.
I've applied to:

York: BSc Bioarchaeology
Reading: BSc Archaeology
Leicester: BA Archaeology (got an offer of BBB already)
Sheffield: BSc Archaeological Sciences
I applied for Warwick , Exeter , Sheffield , York and Leicester for history. I got a conditional from sheffield like 2 days after I applied and have had emails from Warwick, Exeter and York saying they have received my application and will get back to me soon so fingers crossed.
Manchester is my top choice, and I really want to go, really, but ABB is gonna be a ****ing struggle and a half.
my friend got rejected by warwick and one of them has been told they've recieved their aplication, although i havn't heard anything from them yet

DanRev - what you want to do at Manchester?
Quote by alaskan_ninja

^ BRILLIANT^

(\__/)
I wanna go to Oxford so much

I am going to do Medical Radiation Physics at University of Wollongong. From there I'm hoping maybe to do a post-grad degree in Medicine or Physics at Oxford.

EDIT: I live in Australia. Hence me not being able to go to Oxford and attending a Uni with a weird name
What is mountains? A mountains has no special shapes or sound!

Epic Chill Broseph Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join.

although i'm only in year 12, i'm looking at where i might go. i have decided i want to do music tech or something of the sort. i'm looking at kingston, glamorgan, derby at the moment.
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
I'm holding offers for Southampton, Sheffield and Reading. Waiting on Leeds and Exeter. All my offers will be unconditional, or a rejection, because I'm on a gap year, so at least I'll know for sure where I'm going in like a couple of months.
Quote by Athabasca
EDIT: I live in Australia. Hence me not being able to go to Oxford and attending a Uni with a weird name

Was about to ask if you just made that up

Applying next week, once I finalise and double-check all the details.
Got Leeds, York and Brighton for BA Hons Music. Or Professional Musicianship in Brighton's case, but it's pretty much the same thing.
Quote by Mazzakazza
Guys, when exactly IS the ucas deadline? I don't go to school anymore, so I'm out of the loop.

edit: nm, someone posted on the first page, Jan 15th

30th June, anything after then is considered for Clearing.
Quote by Mazzakazza
Eh. I thought that January time was when Unis basically allocated their places?

I applied in April last year and got all my places.
Search "Ucas deadlines" and it comes up on their site, June 30th. January is when they begin to judge your personal statements etc until June 30th.
Quote by gingerbreadaxe

DanRev - what you want to do at Manchester?

Politics, but its part of their social studies course which involves all sorts.
Okay i'm just wondering if anyone knows how formal music at uni would be. I would hope/expect like a slightly harder and extensive version of college but every time I go on uni websites they always show photos of like little orchestra set-ups which really isn't my forte, though I do enjoy very much. So yeah, as a guitarist would uni still be the way to go considering I really love like rock-based experimental music?

Small writing in the middle of big sig.

Quote by Nemm
I applied in April last year and got all my places.
Search "Ucas deadlines" and it comes up on their site, June 30th. January is when they begin to judge your personal statements etc until June 30th.

the final deadline for applications is 15th January as far as i'm aware, but most uni's have offered their places out by then
Let me drive, let me drive, disappear in the night,
like I was a ghost in your dreams.

Are you drunk, or just losing a wrestling match with the english language?