For this project in school, we have to make a powerpoint on a profession we want to do in the future. I chose to be a music teacher. Part of the project is finding colleges that specialize in your field. I'm having trouble finding colleges that teach you how to teach music. All I have so far is the Vandercook College of Music, and SUNY at Potsdam.

This is strictly for the project. Realistically, I'm not going to be a music teacher. But I need to find colleges that help me out. And I'm stuck.

Can anyone help me out??
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
well in australia, you do a dimploma of music, and then a diploma of education. theres no specific course as far as im aware, to be a music teacher. but thats aus, dunno if itll help
Quote by neopowell
That would be amazing. "I WILL BURN EVERYTHING!" *Garrigan appears with bucket* "Fuck this for a giggle, I'm outta here..."

Blog?
follow me
Quote by GArrigan
well in australia, you do a dimploma of music, and then a diploma of education. theres no specific course as far as im aware, to be a music teacher. but thats aus, dunno if itll help

we've got some courses.

look up MIMT?

but yeah.. i think your best bet is to do it on getting a two way diploma of music andd dip ed
Quote by mdwallin
we've got some courses.

look up MIMT?

but yeah.. i think your best bet is to do it on getting a two way diploma of music andd dip ed

I looked it up. And got this
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
My wife got her Masters in music pedagogy (i.e., how to teach music) from the Hart School of Music at the University of Hartford (Connecticut).
Hi, I'm Peter
Diploma in Music Tutoring and stuff
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
Pretty much any state university in the US is going to offer a education degrees and any one I've ever looked at has had music as one of the types of teaching certificates available under that degree.

Any university that has a reputation for teacher education will also have a lot of support for a music education program. You can literally study this in multiple universities in every state.
There's some big university of northern Texas deal, (don't know if it's the right name) but it's "the biggest music school in the world, hands down," according to my band director. Seems like a really cool place. =)
Quote by All At Once
There's some big university of northern Texas deal, (don't know if it's the right name) but it's "the biggest music school in the world, hands down," according to my band director. Seems like a really cool place. =)

this

or Berklee