The trade: My pretty mint'y Peavey XXX Super 40 EFX 112 combo (the discontinued model with effects) for his slighty beat up (but 100% functional) Peavey 5150 212 combo

What I would gain:
Br00talz tone?
20 more watts
Closed back
More headroom

What I would lose:
Cleans
Active, seperate channel EQ
9 effects (but I do have a Pod X3 live I use for effects)
Tube-versatility (switchable 6l6 - EL34)
Open back

It would be a lie to say cleans are very important for me as I play distorted 80% of the time.
I personally wouldn't do it since your giving up so much and really only gaining a marginally improved gain channel.

Plus have you tried moving one of those thing around, it's like a minivan without wheels.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
if you don't use cleans much....ehh....tough call really. I would personally keep the XXX...but thats only because I need the cleans.
Your best bet is to save up for a 6505+/5150 II if you like their tone. They can be had for $550-$750 depending on condition.
I'd personally keep the XXX, but i love those amps :P
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Keep the XXx, I have the same one as you minus the effects and I love it way better than the 6505 combo I played.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
Not a big fan of the XXX... then again not a big fan of the 5150 combo... but I'd probably go for the 5150 just because it's closed-back. I can't stand open back cabs; plus the cleans on 5150s aren't as bad as everyone makes them out to be, people just like to over exaggerate on this site.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com