Page 3 of 15
Quote by Matty611
Yeah, but i don't think he's cut out for defence, i'd rather play him instead of Monye on the wing, Cueto was basically covering both wings all game!

Nah Monye was really quite good.

I think that the backline was perfect except for Toby Flood who I still think is shit.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
England did NOT win today. Alun-Wyun Jones lost. 17 points when we was off. It was literally neck and neck and it would've been level a wales win if he didn't trip over , unessiaryly (very much sp, been out watching the game so......booze). Either way, not (all that) worried
CYMRU

Quote by apothecarrie
I cut my tongue with a spoon.

Andrew Wk Party Tip 11Be Awesomer!

Woo
Going to the Scotland game today! Keeping the faith for another exceptional defensive effort, immaculate kicking and maybe even an Evans try!
Yours sincerely,

bobwentpop, UG's favourite spontaneous combustion victim.
Quote by last-1s-out
England did NOT win today. Alun-Wyun Jones lost. 17 points when we was off. It was literally neck and neck and it would've been level a wales win if he didn't trip over , unessiaryly (very much sp, been out watching the game so......booze). Either way, not (all that) worried

There there young Daffyd.
Quote by the_white_bunny

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Quote by isabiggles
Nah Monye was really quite good.

I think that the backline was perfect except for Toby Flood who I still think is shit.

Watched Monye every week for 5 years at quins. He is a game breaker. Even if he's off form I would never drop him. Best outside back i've ever seen an i've watched a lot of rugby. IMO we had our strongest side for a while out against wales.

A good win yesterday. We should make it 2 from 2 and maybe more if we keep momentum.
Quote by Hammerzeit
Watched Monye every week for 5 years at quins. He is a game breaker. Even if he's off form I would never drop him. Best outside back i've ever seen an i've watched a lot of rugby. IMO we had our strongest side for a while out against wales.

A good win yesterday. We should make it 2 from 2 and maybe more if we keep momentum.

Agreed. I haven't seen England look like such a professional team in a very long time. Danny Care and Tait are exactly what we needed in the back line. They put a bit of flair back into the backline and that's why England seem so much more dynamic now.
Quote by the_white_bunny

Quote by the_white_bunny
Quote by isabiggles
Agreed. I haven't seen England look like such a professional team in a very long time. Danny Care and Tait are exactly what we needed in the back line. They put a bit of flair back into the backline and that's why England seem so much more dynamic now.

Sorry, but Danny Care made far too many mistakes in that game, although his break was very good, his hesitation at the breakdown made it far too clear for the defence, and putting the ball in through the second row is a schoolboy error.

But i'm agreed about Flood, we need Flutey back

EDIT: But can't argue it was a good, strong side.
Quote by Bird32

I poke badgers with spoons
Last edited by Matty611 at Feb 7, 2010,
Ulster fan here!
Lets All Goto Mars: The I The FLAMING LIPS Club
After a tentative opening the game got going in the second half (the amount lost from losing the opening game is much more than the amount won by winning the opening game in a 6N campaign.) England looked more like the side they should be; Borthwick had a good game, maybe he's one of those players who needs the negativity to spur him on? And he was unlucky to give away the penalty for diving over the ruck in the second half...

Haskell and Wilkinson looked good after their transfers to france, I've always been a Haskell fan but his game appears to have improved thanks to his french move (unfortunately for this wasps fan!)

We need to get rid of Tim Payne ASAP though; he is an absolute liability. Whenever I see an england/wasps scrum with himin I'm just waiting for it to collapse or a penalty given to the other team. Not to mention he is useless outside the scrum and we may as well have 14 players on the pitch.

Hipkiss instead of Tait? I'm gonna say no. Tait brings an injection of pace and creativity into the side, going back to Hipkiss (or worse yet a Hipkiss-Hape partnership) you're going to have a monotonous easy to read game and we'll end up getting punished for it. I agree Danny Care didn't have the best of games though.

As for Monye on the wing, he's a damn sight better there than at full back! Tom Varndell should be in the elite squad instead of the saxons though, not necessairly starting (since he's not very good at defending) but he can get you tries when you need them.

For sale: Early 1985 Ibanez AH10 (Allan Holdsworth signature model) PM for details
Can someone add me to the Guinness list for the team everyone laughs at the mention of. Can you guess which one?

Carnegie.
Call me Matthew.
Can you put me down for Gloucester? I PM'd you but no response.
Quote by slash11896
I picked up my guitar this morning and started playing next thing i know i cant stop playing In the key of A, the first letter or her name, I ended up recording a whole song in A.

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
Quote by Matty611
Sorry, but Danny Care made far too many mistakes in that game, although his break was very good, his hesitation at the breakdown made it far too clear for the defence, and putting the ball in through the second row is a schoolboy error.

But i'm agreed about Flood, we need Flutey back

EDIT: But can't argue it was a good, strong side.

Something that he can work on though unlike the various other scrum halfs who play a solid game but never actually do anything that could produce a try or put pressure on the opposition.
Quote by the_white_bunny

Quote by the_white_bunny
France were decent today. In the first half they could have easily gotten two more tries. Scotland defended very well and at times they too looked dangerous. And Frances backs are ****ing ginormous. I think Scotland have a chance of beating Wales and finishing fourth.

France were weak defensively though, hopefully we can capitalise on that next week. And hopefully Rougerie is injured too because our weakest spot would arguably be the undecided position of wing with Trimble or Earls. Neither of them are world renound for big hits so it would be a great help.
Quite gutted for Scotland, first time in a while they looked dangerous attacking.

As for the Wales game, it was shocking. England looked ok, but I cannot see them even winning the six nations, let alone going all the way for a Grand Slam. Looking at France today, I would say that they've already got it in the bag if they tighten the defence a bit.

I didnt watch the Ireland game much - so can't really comment on them. Scotland should really just stick to defending like gods and Wales really need to get themselves sorted because it was a case of Wales losing badly than England winning.
Quote by ascendancy2
Quite gutted for Scotland, first time in a while they looked dangerous attacking.

As for the Wales game, it was shocking. England looked ok, but I cannot see them even winning the six nations, let alone going all the way for a Grand Slam. Looking at France today, I would say that they've already got it in the bag if they tighten the defence a bit.

I didnt watch the Ireland game much - so can't really comment on them. Scotland should really just stick to defending like gods and Wales really need to get themselves sorted because it was a case of Wales losing badly than England winning.

Disagree.

yes, admittedly you guys were absolutely shite but that doesn't change the fact that we played really well in some areas.
Quote by the_white_bunny

Quote by the_white_bunny
I hope the Saints players get more playing time, only english team in the Heineken Cup, 3rd in the premiership (game in hand over Leicester, too), yet Johnson seems to hate the idea of any Saints players getting time on the pitch. Lawes is one of the best young forwards in England, Foden/Ashton is the best attacking partnership in England, yet they get no game time.
Sorry about all the signup requests, I've been away for quite a while. They're all up to date now.
What is this that stands before me?

Figure in black that points at me...

FUCKETH THINE SELF
France looked impressive today, but should've and could've won by more if it wasn't for mistakes and an eventually sturdyscot defence. Still not utterly convinced by Bastorthingy even though he played well, Rougire looked the balls when he was on as well.

Sorry for the raging comment ealier (see england did not win...lol) I had drowned my sorrows by then. But I still stand by it, 17 points in 10 mintues crippled us.

Next week predictions?
Wales, England ,France
CYMRU

Quote by apothecarrie

Woo
Next week predictions?

Italy will not win. That's all I can say right now
Quote by the_white_bunny

Quote by the_white_bunny
Quote by isabiggles
Disagree.

yes, admittedly you guys were absolutely shite but that doesn't change the fact that we played really well in some areas.

Well, England played better than normally i guess (can't remember how they did in the autumn) - Wales really need to sort out their ****-eyed lineouts and stupid mistakes in the breakdown.

Next week?

>Wales (although Patterson is a fecking hero, he's going to be a pain.)
Although if we see another performance like that from Wales - i can see it being Chris Patterson 12 - 9 Wales) ,
>England (no questions there) ,
>Ireland (solid all-round, they need a good start, If the French get an early score, then its their game).
I do love Chris Patterson. He would be the most awesome thing ever if he was Irish and his name was Ronan.

FUCKETH THINE SELF
Terrible, terrible performance by Ireland. Tomás O' Leary is a joke he takes about 20 minutes to pass the ball. Isaac Boss should be starting with Reddan on the bench. I'd say Flannery will be banned for the rest of the 6N for that trip. Sexton should start the rest of the games. ROG has absolutely no defence. Literally none.

France for the grand slam and now after that performance I'm not sure if Ireland will finish 2nd. England have a very good chance of finishing 2nd this year.
Great game by France, there's something about the Irish team I don't like, maybe its that there seems to be an incident in every game concerning them. I'd love to see Italy yet a win in the tournament, I think they're such a passionate side and really deserve a win after being the laughing stock of the 6 nations.
Call me Matthew.
Quote by Masshuu
Great game by France, there's something about the Irish team I don't like, maybe its that there seems to be an incident in every game concerning them. I'd love to see Italy yet a win in the tournament, I think they're such a passionate side and really deserve a win after being the laughing stock of the 6 nations.

I wouldn't say they're very passionate. Half the team aren't even Italian.
so how about the super 14 ey
Quote by neopowell
That would be amazing. "I WILL BURN EVERYTHING!" *Garrigan appears with bucket* "Fuck this for a giggle, I'm outta here..."

Blog?
follow me
Quote by GArrigan
so how about the super 14 ey

Brumbies for premiership

There's blood in the water
Sinking, always sinking

Quote by ascendancy2
jesus christ - being a welsh supporter pretty much guarantees heart failure...

Oh my, plus a billion and some. The most intense game I've ever watch, but since Lawson got sinbinned I sorta knew Wales were going to win. No Idea really, but it happened, Scotland very much derevered to win though, mostly because of the horrid Welsh defending.

France vs Ireland was an anticlimax though, total domination by the french, but again they didn't really capitalize on it, shoud've been alot more.

I didn't wake up in time for Super 14, glaqd it's back on though, brillant rugby Hope you're enjoying Six nations !!!

(Like last week, I've been drinking, but much more happier this time, I wonder why????)

Quote by ascendancy2
How Flannery not got a red card baffles me.

I know! He proper hacked down the french guy (can't rember who) but it horrible!
CYMRU

Quote by apothecarrie

Woo
Last edited by last-1s-out at Feb 13, 2010,
Good games yesterday hoping today will bring more good rugby!

I feel sorry for Scotland, it could have been very different if Patterson and Evans didn't get injured in the 1st half. I think you underestimate scotland at your peril in this tournament, in recent history the big 4 have been assured a win over scotland and italy (ignoring something drastic) but it looks like that's changing.

I don't know what I'm going to do with my weekends during the break.
For sale: Early 1985 Ibanez AH10 (Allan Holdsworth signature model) PM for details
The more I see the supposed "trip" on Lee Byrne, and the consequent sin-binning, the more I agree with Andy Robinson. An obvious effort to charge the kick down was made, but it was still so marginal anyway I think.
We never cry for love, we're superheroes,
We are back where we belong.
I heard patterson went off with kidney problems annd Max (or tom) Evans is having neck surgey, hope they recover. Not reallt the best way to spend your 100th test.
CYMRU

Quote by apothecarrie

Woo
I feel sorry for Scotland. They've played well so far and have been unlucky not to have secured any points.
Quote by the_white_bunny

Quote by the_white_bunny
Italy were so unlucky today. I think the man of the match should have gone to Bergamasco. Apart from him, Italy wouldn't have had a chance at all, cos none of the others can kick a ball. His style isn't even normal but he managed to kick more than Wilko. Italy need to take this confidence into any games they have in the future.
Call me Matthew.
England were shit. Armitage needs to be replaced by Foden and Monye needs to be replaced with Ashton. Get some bloody exciting rugby going.
Quote by Masshuu
Italy were so unlucky today. I think the man of the match should have gone to Bergamasco. Apart from him, Italy wouldn't have had a chance at all, cos none of the others can kick a ball. His style isn't even normal but he managed to kick more than Wilko. Italy need to take this confidence into any games they have in the future.

I agree. Their nothing-to-lose attitude gave them a lot of boost, and they had so many great runs, which just almost always were ruined by sloppy pop-passes. I think they should have won really, England really got on my nerves today.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by freddaahh
I agree. Their nothing-to-lose attitude gave them a lot of boost, and they had so many great runs, which just almost always were ruined by sloppy pop-passes. I think they should have won really, England really got on my nerves today.

I always want Italy to do well, and at the start I wanted England to win, but I realised that actually I'd love for Italy to win, and after I made that decision, I realised how bad England were playing. Armitage has the shape to be smashing people left right and centre, yet he hardly ever gets many tackles at all, especially in todays game. It was woeful to watch, but really I wanted a reason for Italy to play well, and they did right until England got that try.

One worry I have about the Italy team is they have that fat number 1 Salvatore Perugini. Every time I've watched Italy play he seems fairly useless, he's slow. If Italy could just get someone strong enough for the prop position, but was faster, I think their game might get better. I don't watch union enough to know loads, so maybe behind the scenes he is doing loads, or maybe a slow prop is normal, but from what I've seen, he looks bad.
Call me Matthew.
Quote by ascendancy2
How Flannery not got a red card baffles me.

This. I couldn't believe it. He is the luckiest man alive.

Anyone else seen Invictus yet?

Hint: Probably the most awesome film I have ever seen.

FUCKETH THINE SELF
Quote by Argonaut
Anyone else seen Invictus yet?

Hint: Probably the most awesome film I have ever seen.

+1!

Such an insipring film. I was meant to play a match the day after I saw that but unfortunately it was cancelled on the day. A pity, I was unbelievably pumped up!

Thom Evans' surgery went well by the way and he looks set to make a full recovery. Paterson will also miss the rest of the 6 Nations as will Rory Lamont apparently.

Dan Parks was soooo good! Far better than that idiot Godman (really can't stand him). Hopefully We'll be seeing more of him in the rest of this season's tests!

I also agree, the "Flannery death kick" was horrific!

France to win the tournament this year.
Yours sincerely,

bobwentpop, UG's favourite spontaneous combustion victim.