Page 5 of 15
Scots deserved a win, just bad times to miss penatlies by boh sides.

And Wales looked like they wouldn't beat Ireland U-21s today, shocking stuff. I know yellow cards are generally bad, but they have destroyed our 6 nations , as have 1st half performance.

Both games were pretty poor though, I thought, proberly because I was sobr this weekend.
CYMRU

Quote by apothecarrie
I cut my tongue with a spoon.

Andrew Wk Party Tip 11Be Awesomer!

Woo
Jesus christ, France were pretty much awarded that game because of the referee.
Call me Matthew.
That was a shite performance by Ireland but fair play to Scotland. England should have won that match but still good change to see them play some positive rugby.
Quote by Masshuu
Jesus christ, France were pretty much awarded that game because of the referee.

Yeah, Bryce Lawrence deserved the man of the match award, he was by far the best French player...
Quote by last-1s-out
Scots deserved a win, just bad times to miss penatlies by boh sides.

And Wales looked like they wouldn't beat Ireland U-21s today, shocking stuff. I know yellow cards are generally bad, but they have destroyed our 6 nations , as have 1st half performance.

Both games were pretty poor though, I thought, proberly because I was sobr this weekend.

I was unaware this was possible Og...

What is this that stands before me?

Figure in black that points at me...

FUCKETH THINE SELF
Quote by Eric_Fail
England should have won that match but still good change to see them play some positive rugby.

good call. they had a good game.

in club rugby, go on sale! finally off the bottom!
If its Illegal to Rock N Roll.........Throw my Ass in Jail!

Quote by Robchappers
Ha ha yes I recognize you mate!

Anyone else think that this 6 nations left the world cup and autum tests pretty inconclusive as far as the Northern Hemisphere goes?
If a few decisions went a different way, the final table would've looked alot different. If Wales didn't play badly in the first half, if Scotland took their chances, if England had a better ref against France.
No team had any real form coming into or leaving the 6 nations, execpt Scotland maybe, who should've had 3 wins. Leaves everything up in the air really.
Just have to wait for Tri Nations (soon to include Argentina soon I think) and go from there

Quote by Argonaut
I was unaware this was possible Og...

I have been known to stray away from time to time.
CYMRU

Quote by apothecarrie

Woo
Last edited by last-1s-out at Mar 22, 2010,
I weigh 145 and am about 5 11. Never played a real game of rugby before, first game is on Tuesday.

I'm a winger.. probably. I've joined a senior team who mostly have been playing together since grade 9 so we'll see where I get put in.
Any words of advice? haha
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Well you probably won't get to play the whole game obviously. When you get on just go all out but don't do anything stupid. I made the mistake of hanging back when I started because of my confusion. If you make tackles in this game you'll have loads of confidence in your next! And make sure you do the only thing I did right when I started... run like Mr Forrest Gump when you get the ball!
Yours sincerely,

bobwentpop, UG's favourite spontaneous combustion victim.
Quote by floppypick
I weigh 145 and am about 5 11. Never played a real game of rugby before, first game is on Tuesday.

I'm a winger.. probably. I've joined a senior team who mostly have been playing together since grade 9 so we'll see where I get put in.
Any words of advice? haha

just go in from the start, keep your ears open, and always be looking and thinking
Quote by neopowell
That would be amazing. "I WILL BURN EVERYTHING!" *Garrigan appears with bucket* "Fuck this for a giggle, I'm outta here..."

Blog?
follow me
Shames theres no other Dragons fans, or more importantly, no Scarlets fans
But anywho;
there is an Edinbourgh fan here . You should see me if the game is on telly in Scotland, I'll be the one with massive hair in a kilt and a dragons shirt. Good luck for you magnus_maximus
CYMRU

Quote by apothecarrie

Woo
If I'm up in time on the weekend and not hungover I useally watch Super 14. I saw Reds vs Bulls today, only the first half though. Put your name down for your team for the 1st page dude

Where are you from when you're not uni anyways Magnus? But uni or not, I expect e-hugs if you see me on telly
CYMRU

Quote by apothecarrie

Woo
Quote by last-1s-out
Shames theres no other Dragons fans, or more importantly, no Scarlets fans
But anywho;
there is an Edinbourgh fan here . You should see me if the game is on telly in Scotland, I'll be the one with massive hair in a kilt and a dragons shirt. Good luck for you magnus_maximus

I supported the Drag-Queens for one season, then gave up. I was a dedicated Newport RFC supporter, but the regions killed Welsh Rugby for me.

FUCKETH THINE SELF
Quote by Argonaut
I supported the Drag-Queens for one season, then gave up. I was a dedicated Newport RFC supporter, but the regions killed Welsh Rugby for me.

It's just the way it is. Rugby is professional now and it was the only way Wales could compete with international clubs.

Also hopefully Leinster can pull an upset over toulouse but it's unlikely especially with sexton out.

Toulouse vs Munster final
wa dontz youns plai wir a ball dat is da rite zhape?!

futti is wer it at!!

/being a douche

anyway, I do like Rugby Union sometimes, and watching the six nations is awesome, but playing it for me used to be awesome. I used to play in the school time, and I was on average at least half a foot taller than the majority of the players. This made tackling someone hard, much more satisfying.

I don't play at all anymore, in fact I don't do much sport at all anymore, and I'm beginning to transcend into a fat arsed piece of shit!
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Whey my mate just came on as a sub for the Dragons against the Blues! First touch though and he got smashed into touch trying to score a try. Almost but a good tackle my Malteka (Tonga so spelling is wrong lol)
We're not doing too well atm, 10 mintues left though.
CYMRU

Quote by apothecarrie

Woo
Quote by will123456789
wa dontz youns plai wir a ball dat is da rite zhape?!

futti is wer it at!!

/being a douche

anyway, I do like Rugby Union sometimes, and watching the six nations is awesome, but playing it for me used to be awesome. I used to play in the school time, and I was on average at least half a foot taller than the majority of the players. This made tackling someone hard, much more satisfying.

I don't play at all anymore, in fact I don't do much sport at all anymore, and I'm beginning to transcend into a fat arsed piece of shit!

congratulations your request to be a front rower has been approved
Quote by neopowell
That would be amazing. "I WILL BURN EVERYTHING!" *Garrigan appears with bucket* "Fuck this for a giggle, I'm outta here..."

Blog?
follow me

Met this fella in the Liberty Stadium for the uni's varisty game. His head is even more cubish in person.

EDIT: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/wales/8655396.stm

Footage of the whole amazing varisty day.
CYMRU

Quote by apothecarrie

Woo
Last edited by last-1s-out at Apr 30, 2010,
Quote by Eric_Fail
It's just the way it is. Rugby is professional now and it was the only way Wales could compete with international clubs.

Also hopefully Leinster can pull an upset over toulouse but it's unlikely especially with sexton out.

Toulouse vs Munster final

MUUUUUUUUUUNSTEEEEEEEEEEERRR!!

That aside...

Welsh Rugby was doing just fine itself, the original suggestion of regional rugby in Wales was made by David Moffat as a cost-saving scheme for the WRU.

It had little to do with Welsh Rugby itself. In the last seasons of the old club format, Newport and Swansea were two of the most succesful british clubs, winning 1 and 2 Welsh Principality cups respectively, 1 and 2 Welsh Premierships respectively, and both clubs making it to the semi finals of the european cup.

Newport Rugby carried this on for one season as the Dragons in the Celtic league, coming second. The season after that they bombed, and its been that way ever since.

The regions murdered rugby in my city.

FUCKETH THINE SELF
Its almost the end of most rugby seasons (minus play-offs and that) and I have nothing better to do, so anyone fancy doing your season's XV? I won't give reasons, effort, but it'll be on what I've seen (mostly Magners, Internationals and Super 14).

1.Thomas Domingo (Clemornt)
2.Matthew Rees (Scarlets)
3.Dan Cole (Lesichester) sp
4.Bradely Davies (Cardiff)
5.Luke Charties (Dragons)
6.Heinrich Brussow (Cheetahs)
7.Jamie Heaslip (Lenister)
8.Imanoi Harinordoquy (Biarritz)
9.Thomas O'Leary (Munster)
10.Dan Parks (Glasgow) Or Cooper (Reds)
11.Takudzwa Ngwenya (Biarritz)
12.James Hook (Ospreys)
13.Brain O'Driscoll (Lenister)
14. Will Harris (Dragons) <----He's awesome, you'll see. Him or Tommy Bowe. Or Chris Aston.
15.C Poitrenaud (Toulouse) or Ben Foden (Saints)

Happy play-off for everyone.
CYMRU

Quote by apothecarrie

Woo
Not sure about Luke Charteris or James Hook Og, especially the latter considering his kick yesterday. Possibly the worst attempt at a drop-goal I have ever seen in my life.

FUCKETH THINE SELF
Oh my Ireland.
CYMRU

Quote by apothecarrie

Woo
Don't worry, at least Scotland did the Northern Hemisphere proud!
Yours sincerely,

Were they playing? I honestly haven't heard a thing about a Scotish International :S

Thought France would've done better against S.Africa, it just proves that all 30 odd South Africans in the squads are machines and must be stopped before they take over / win the world cup again next year.
CYMRU

Quote by apothecarrie

Woo
I'm American, and I'm a big NFL, NBA, and NHL fan. However, I've recently started watching Rugby and I love it. But how do all the leagues and seasons work? Can someone possibly give me a simple run-through? I've been catching games on Fox Soccer Plus on cable, and there's usually a game on every day. I've seen the All Blacks, The Wallabes, and South Africa play, and I know those are all big teams. Do they play union?

Lots of questions, sorry; but I need an actual person to explain it to me, because that's just too much information to research. More than I want to, anyways.

EDIT: And also, does anyone actually play Rugby with friends? It seems like it would be a lot of fun.
We're only strays.
Last edited by Martyr's Prayer at Jun 22, 2010,
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
I'm American, and I'm a big NFL, NBA, and NHL fan. However, I've recently started watching Rugby and I love it. But how do all the leagues and seasons work? Can someone possibly give me a simple run-through? I've been catching games on Fox Soccer Plus on cable, and there's usually a game on every day. I've seen the All Blacks, The Wallabes, and South Africa play, and I know those are all big teams. Do they play union?

Lots of questions, sorry; but I need an actual person to explain it to me, because that's just too much information to research. More than I want to, anyways.

EDIT: And also, does anyone actually play Rugby with friends? It seems like it would be a lot of fun.

yes they all play union. there are many comps and tournaments all around the joint. the thing to remember with rugby is that ill the best stuff is at a club levle. so get on to the shoute shield in aus, the guiness premiereship in the uk the nz domestic comp. there is so much great rugby out there
Quote by neopowell

Blog?
follow me
Nice to see so many Saints players getting plaudits for the England tour. Nice to see Dowson get his more than deserved spot against the Maori's too.
Quote by last-1s-out
Were they playing? I honestly haven't heard a thing about a Scotish International :S

Yeah. They had a two test series in Argentina. Won them both!
Yours sincerely,

Quote by bobwentpop
Yeah. They had a two test series in Argentina. Won them both!

That surprised me, Argentina are a decent team normally.
^^ Yeah, they're in the top 5 aren't they?

FUCKETH THINE SELF
Quote by Argonaut
^^ Yeah, they're in the top 5 aren't they?

9th in the latest rankings, probably due to Scotland beating them. Seems like they swapped places with Scotland, who are now in 7th.
It's gonna be a blue day
^ Scotland 7th

FUCKETH THINE SELF
I thought Scotland have been a very underated nation this year, Dan Parks and the back row were outstanding as well as the 2 Evans, beat a good Irish team and just missed out to Wales ( ) and Glasgow and Edinbourgh were both unlucky to miss the Magners play-offs.
But as for 2morrow, I'm not saying anything about the New Zealand game.
CYMRU

Quote by apothecarrie

Woo
Seriously, Oggy...

Change your avatar man, its embarassing.

FUCKETH THINE SELF
Your face is embarassing.
CYMRU

Quote by apothecarrie

Woo
Oh that showed me.

FUCKETH THINE SELF
We're on the up...3 internationals now and counting But we're nopt in debt so its all good. I'd make fun of Northampton if they didn't, you know, have an awesome season and that.
CYMRU

Quote by apothecarrie

Woo