Poll: Strat of Bass P/ups?
Poll Options
View poll results: Strat of Bass P/ups?
Strat
6 100%
Bass P/ups
0 0%
Voters: 6.
That time of year is coming again and I feel like treating myself. However I'm unsure of what to get. I'm between getting a new guitar or new pickups for my bass.

Currently I have a left handed Ibanez with a floating bridge which, of course, causes problems if you want to change tunings. Also, I quite like the idea of getting a different 'style' guitar like a strat. Or something with single coils at least. I was quite liking the Fender Mexican Strats.

I also have a pretty low end bass. I like how it looks and plays but the sound is lacking which I think is largely down to the cheap stock pickups so I'd quite like to replace those as well.

I haven't got loads to spend and I'm quite limited guitar wise because I'm left handed. All in all it's simply...

Fender Strat or some good bass pickups?
Last edited by whitemanwalking at Nov 30, 2009,
There are indeed not a whole bunch of left-hand guitars. Ofcourse you can find a Mexican Strat lefthanded, but there`s not as much choice as right-handed. And on the right site you probably can find loads of good bass-pick-ups. But it`s what you use more and what bothers you most.If you play more bass but your Ibanez floating bridge and non-versability annoys you more then why not buy a new guitar? But the sound of a bass/guitar is a combination of your amp, wood and pick-ups I thought.

Oh and btw. Keep the size a bit more down next won`t you :tooth:
id go with a smaller font size first, it will pi$$ off less people

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
Oh man, it is a bit big. I really should have previewed that first. Sorry buddy.

Well with the Ibanez I figured I can just block the bridge for tuning. I guess it's more the sound of a strat I'd like to have as well.

As for the bass pickups, they'd be about half the price of the Strat which kind of sways me towards them a bit.

I think I need to go have another play on the strat before I make this decision.