I am running my guitar into my Boss ME-70 (which gives me a lot of noise and hum), directly into a PA system. Could I simply put a Decimator pedal in the FX chain after my ME-70 to get rid of this hum?

I could also be going from the ME-60 into a Blackheart Handsome Devil with no effects loop. Would the same configuration work there?

Thanks.
Gear:
Fender Strat
Epi Joe Pass Signature
Epi LP Plus Top
Jackson Dinky
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
Yeah, you could do that and it would rid you of hum pretty quick. Same configuration for both should be fine, can't go wrong. I've found with my Decimator that I had to re-EQ slightly, mostly on the treble side. You'll find even once you place it where you like it will take some getting used to and tweaking (even with only one knob). Which model of Decimator are you going for?
Quote by celticstorm84
Yeah, you could do that and it would rid you of hum pretty quick. Same configuration for both should be fine, can't go wrong. I've found with my Decimator that I had to re-EQ slightly, mostly on the treble side. You'll find even once you place it where you like it will take some getting used to and tweaking (even with only one knob). Which model of Decimator are you going for?

I was looking at the basic model. I don't have the money for a G-String at the moment. Anything will help at this point, but I want to minimize the tone loss since I am already running through an ME-70.

I can't find them used for under $100.
Gear:
Fender Strat
Epi Joe Pass Signature
Epi LP Plus Top
Jackson Dinky
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
Yeah, after your effects if you have no true amp, or no FX loop in the amp is the place for your gate. And it shouldn't take THAT much tweaking. Gates are a simple beast if you approach it "logically." Start off with the threshold knob all the way down. Get your rig up and running. Once you do that, and you have your unwanted noise coming through, slowly turn the threshold up until the threshold reaches the noise level, and you've gated it. Then play, making sure you're playing is above that threshold (it should be). You may need to do a little EQ'ing after that, but not much.

Tangent: I'm amazed at how many people don't realize the usefulness of gating, in most any amplification setting. At my job I do some stadium work, and our announcer would sometimes leave his mic open, and booth noise and chatter would go out. Not very loud, but noticeable. So, I go back to the rack, and simply turn up the threshold on the gate until I see it lock down, then backed it off a tick. My board op is half freaking out, and I had to tell him to relax because the only thing it was gating was the booth chatter, that everything else that goes out is WAY over that threshold. Plus, I've seen some students start EQ'ing when they got a hum or buzz through a system, and after I facepalm, I teach them about the gate and why all of our racks have them in the first place.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
What's wrong with the ME-70's inbuilt gate?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com