Hey its been ages since I've posted on here, so I thought I'd come back with a cover of John Mayer's Gravity.

It's recorded using Guitar Rig 3, over the original song. I spent ages trying to nail the tone, I think it's fairly close.

Anyway, here ya go:

www.myspace.com/geetarguy85

Of course, I'll crit for crit!

Thanks!
Quote by rebelmidget
your pubes are like the amazon rainforest and your body is planet earth. trim a little here and there and your life will be more comfortable
but cut down the whole damn forest and mother nature is going to cut you

the bends are flat. and your tone is much much brighter than the recording.

ok attempt but the tone difference made your guitar track stick out like a soar thumb.

cheers.
Ok thanks for that, I'll bare that in mind.
Quote by rebelmidget
your pubes are like the amazon rainforest and your body is planet earth. trim a little here and there and your life will be more comfortable

after re-reading the first post i now understand the problem...you aren't gonna be able to emulate mayer's tone with modelling software. you need a really warm amp to get that kind of tone.

sorry
That's true lol. Well, I'll have to make do with GR3 for now but hopefully next summer I'll get a decent amp =)

Thanks!
Quote by rebelmidget

It sounds pretty nice, but there are some parts where your recording and the original don't quite match up and it's a little painful compared to the rest of the quite beautiful parts. And you might have used a little much distortion
Thanks for that, I'll know to work on my timing and roll off the distortion a little =)
Quote by rebelmidget

aye, as others have said your timing is slightly off in places. and there's maybe a little too much treble in your tone, but you've almost got it down. well done

C4C: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1235958
Gear
Laney VC15
PRS Tremonti SE Black
Yamaha Pacifica 112J OVS
Ibanez AW15ECE
Ibanez TS-808 RI
EHX Small Clone USA
EXH Deluxe Big Muff Pi Distorter Compressor
Boss DD3
Dunlop Crybaby 535q