do you think it would be alright to tune my guitar upto C G C F A D F

Ive tried G C G C F A D and i just dont like that at all. feels weird.
and i cant play six strings. so would it be fine to tune up with size 10 strings?
A 10 would probably be a bit tight for the high F, I think a 9 would be better.
You can't play a six string? I don't believe you...

I wouldn't recommend this tuning, as you'll be tuning five of your strings up a minor third, and the other two up a semitone. There'll be way too much tension. Get heavier strings (.12s) G C G C F A D.
Quote by isaac_bandits
You can't play a six string? I don't believe you...

I wouldn't recommend this tuning, as you'll be tuning five of your strings up a minor third, and the other two up a semitone. There'll be way too much tension. Get heavier strings (.12s) G C G C F A D.

im serious : D. I dont feel right with a six string. to tiny.

G Sounds muddy as **** :P

We worked it out anyway. Were gonna use Drop A Standard :P
Quote by xKnifekillerx
im serious : D. I dont feel right with a six string. to tiny.

G Sounds muddy as **** :P

We worked it out anyway. Were gonna use Drop A Standard :P

G sounds bad because you don't use the right strings. Its fine if you put on heavy strings.

Also, Drop A Standard makes no sense, as Drop A is AEADgbe while A standard is ADGCfad...
Quote by isaac_bandits
G sounds bad because you don't use the right strings. Its fine if you put on heavy strings.

Also, Drop A Standard makes no sense, as Drop A is AEADgbe while A standard is ADGCfad...

No, im using Size 12s dude , and it sounds AWEFUL.

A D G C F A D
Dont put me down man, its not cozy on a saturday dude xDD

A E A D G B E? that wouldnt work.
A D A D G B E more like.
Quote by xKnifekillerx

and why not? it's just drop A, so the top three would form a power chord, unless for some reason you want the 6 5 and 4 to also form a powerchord.
Quote by xKnifekillerx

Why not? The A>E forms a powerchord, with the octave A on the same fret 5th string. What are you trying to achieve? A really heavy sound or what?

And what do you mean it sounds awful? I'd assume a low G would.
Last edited by tenfold at Dec 5, 2009,
Quote by xKnifekillerx
No, im using Size 12s dude , and it sounds AWEFUL.

A D G C F A D
Dont put me down man, its not cozy on a saturday dude xDD

A D A D G B E more like.

You would need about a .075 for a G string. .012's come with what for the seventh string? A .064? Its obviously going to sound bad with that little tension.

AEADGBE works just fine. I use it all the time. If I want the one finger barred powerchords on the lowest three strings, I use that. Its called drop A and is probably the second most common 7 string tuning.

The ADA as your lowest three strings will give you an inverted powerchord, and due to psychoacoustics, your ear would percieve the D below it (as in the D below the standard low E on a bass), and it will sound awful with distortion.
Well im not gonna get a set of 14s xDD. if you tuned to B E A D G B E the strings would just whack off.

yeah , but i thought we was talking about standard tunings xD
but yeah, suicide silence use it. Woot. .

You could use it though. staind uses it Flat. and they seem to get away with that badass sound. but its a six string they do it on. well bairtone something like that.
but you could ise barrdcords on the D A D string.
Try doing CCGCFAD. The B string is tuned up to a C to be in unison with the E string tuned down to C. Then you can use 4 string barre chords (even though the second C in unison wouldn't really add much).
6 string works for millions of others
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Quote by isaac_bandits
Try doing CCGCFAD. The B string is tuned up to a C to be in unison with the E string tuned down to C. Then you can use 4 string barre chords (even though the second C in unison wouldn't really add much).

Its alright, we use Drop A now xD