thoughts? id like to get the positive effects that it gives, the bigger muscles and strength, but is there any bad effects?
Quote by mullet1337
Holy ****. **** you. You ****ing ****.
It won't make your muscles bigger without the appropriate exercise. So start with that, and then add dietary supplements later.
You do know why it looks like you have bigger muscles right...?

Also http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creatine#Side_effects_and_warnings

and finally check the exercise and nutrition thread
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Last edited by Kensai at Nov 30, 2009,
No real side effects of creatine, I use it.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Check the health and fitness thread.
Quote by JMack
Are you asking if midgets can draw people that are themselves smaller than the average person, or if midget drawings in general are smaller?
It works really well, I'd definitely recommend it, especially if your body type is like mine. I have very fast metabolism and it has always been very hard for me to bulk up at all, and creatine helps with that. Just make sure you drink plenty of water, otherwise it can be bad for your kidneys.
HEEEEEEEEYYYYYYY YOUUUU GUYYYYYYSSSS
Quote by MightyAl
It won't make your muscles bigger without the appropriate exercise. So start with that, and then add dietary supplements later.

well, im the guy who "changed his life" remember? ive had some strength gains and a lil growth, but i wanna give it a little push.
Quote by mullet1337
Beefcake!!!
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
GRANTED! NOW YOU COMMIT SUICIDE!

i wish lexanirider didn't have to kill himself.

What's your fastest Super Metroid time?

PM me and let me know.
Quote by faint_spirit
Check the health and fitness thread.

*enters fitness thread*
*cracks knucles* Okay, here we go...
Page 1
*Ctrl-F* Cre..a..tine... *Enter/Return* Nothing...

Page 2
*Ctrl-F* Creatine... *Enter/Return* Nothing...

Page 3
*Ctrl-F* Creatine... *Enter/Return* Nothing... Oy vey...

etc...
Quote by footsteps7173
well, im the guy who "changed his life" remember? ive had some strength gains and a lil growth, but i wanna give it a little push.

I barely even read posts I'm responding to, never mind anything else.
Quote by kyurah
It works really well, I'd definitely recommend it, especially if your body type is like mine. I have very fast metabolism and it has always been very hard for me to bulk up at all, and creatine helps with that. Just make sure you drink plenty of water, otherwise it can be bad for your kidneys.

You should read up on both creatine and basic nutrition.

Quote by Zaphikh
*enters fitness thread*
*cracks knucles* Okay, here we go...
Page 1
*Ctrl-F* Cre..a..tine... *Enter/Return* Nothing...

Page 2
*Ctrl-F* Creatine... *Enter/Return* Nothing...

Page 3
*Ctrl-F* Creatine... *Enter/Return* Nothing... Oy vey...

etc...

Try checking the links in the thread instead.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by lexanirider78
Beefcake!!!

i just want to go on it for a month hard, then start to slack off of the creatine and let my body go at it naturally
Quote by mullet1337
There are 3 (or 4) main negative side-effects to Creatine. However there are also ways of getting past them, which I will explain.

1. Water retention - Your muscles will look bigger than they actually are because of the extra water that Creatine pushes into them. Going off of it may cause a decrease in visible muscle size.

What to do - Look for the newer kinds of Creatine like Creatine Ethyl Ester or others. Basically anything besides Creatine Monohydrate which has the worst water retention.

2. Stomach aches / Nausea - For some people taking Creatine causes bad stomach aches or nausea although this is generally temporary.

What to do - If you get this side-effect try using Creatine that comes in pill caplets instead of a powder.

3. Lost sleep - Like the stomach aches this is generally temporary, if you are doing things correctly. If you aren't then it will persist. (See below)

What to do - 1. Work out more. Taking Creatine isn't some miracle drug. Without your effort it will do next to nothing. You have to increase your time and intensity in training. If you don't you will be left with a lot of left over energy.
2. You may - as a result in increased exercise intensity - be low on zinc. You can purchase supplements of this at any nutrition store. It is better however to just get it from your multi vitamin. Look for one that is made for fitness.

And the maybe 4. You have to work out more. If you don't push yourself then you won't get the benefits. If you don't have the time, or if you aren't really serious about it, then don't bother taking it. You'll be wasting your money.

Also as a sidenote - Loading periods are nonsense. Ignore those directions on the bottle.

Hope this helps.
Last edited by jfreyvogel at Nov 30, 2009,
Quote by jfreyvogel
There are 3 (or 4) main negative side-effects to Creatine. However there are also ways of getting past them, which I will explain.

1. Water retention - Your muscles will look bigger than they actually are because of the extra water that Creatine pushes into them. Going off of it may cause a decrease in visible muscle size.

What to do - Look for the newer kinds of Creatine like Creatine Ethyl Ester or others. Basically anything besides Creatine Monohydrate which has the worst water retention.

2. Stomach aches / Nausea - For some people taking Creatine causes bad stomach aches or nausea although this is generally temporary.

What to do - If you get this side-effect try using Creatine that comes in pill caplets instead of a powder.

3. Lost sleep - Like the stomach aches this is generally temporary, if you are doing things correctly. If you aren't then it will persist. (See below)

What to do - 1. Work out more. Taking Creatine isn't some miracle drug. Without your effort it will do next to nothing. You have to increase your time and intensity in training.
2. You may - as a result in increased exercise intensity - be low on zinc. You can purchase supplements of this at any nutrition store. It is better however to just get it from your multi vitamin. Look for one that is made for fitness.

And the maybe 4. You have to work out more. If you don't push yourself then you won't get the benefits. If you don't have the time, or if you aren't really serious about it, then don't bother taking it. You'll be wasting your money.

Also as a sidenote - Loading periods are nonsense. Ignore those directions on the bottle.

Hope this helps.

thanks man.
Quote by mullet1337
Creatine is just water mass.

Yeah you get big but it's not actuall muscle, your just fillig your already exsistant muscles with water.

Take protien supplements.
Quote by 23:50 inbleach
can't i just eat the fucking cactus?

Quote by WildChicken
Go suck a cat westdyolf!

Quote by Cat Of Pain
So, West...

I hear you'll suck my cat...

Ill suck your cat
PEACE LOVE PANCAKES
call me zach

chocolate chip pancakes!
Biochemically, creatine is needed for very short burst of energy, in the gap between using up your ATP in your muscles (almost instantly) to using glycolysis to make more ATP (a couple of seconds). All additional creatine will do is allow you to push your muscles slightly harder for a a tiny length of time, so the benefits will come with weights etc. so that you can push yourself that bit harder. Muscle growth comes from damaged muscles being repaired to more than they were before so as to stop the damage occuring again (IIRC), so you still need to work out if you want to bulk up.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
I'm not as much of a musclehead as the guys I hang out with at college, but I've heard them mention that creatine (for them, at least - nothing works the same for everyone) just mostly kept water weight. As soon as they stopped using it, they shrank right back down to where they started.
I have had great success with Creatine. Like I said before you have to put the work in. And you really need to know what you're doing. If you want great results you need to constantly tweek what you're doing to fit your body.

1. Your muscles have more energy for a short amount of time. (Short is relative however, as I can tell that it lasts well into my workout, and by that time your having a good enough workout that you keep it going on your own)

2. That extra water in your muscles helps them repair quicker.

3. If you shrink down a lot then either 1 - You have bad water retention, either a physical problem or as a result of using monohydrate which like I said before has the worst retention. or 2 - You aren't working out either long enough or hard enough. If you take Creatine you need to push yourself way past what you would normally do.

4. You have to increase your protein intake a lot to support the increased physical activity. This means either red meat (best), white meat (good if you want to lose weight in addition to building muscle), or protein supplements.

To see how your body reacts, or how you have grown - or not - try cycling 3 months on 1 month off. Creatine can stay in your body for up to 2 weeks, so by the end of a month off you will be able to see any changes.
Last edited by jfreyvogel at Nov 30, 2009,