Page 1 of 2
Searchbarred through two pages.

Anyway, The Office! A great show...
Name your favorite characters, episodes, lines, whatever you want. If you don't like the Office, say why!
And here's my favorite character. As much as I love Dwight, I still have to go with Kevin Malone.

The playground of the world
I'd rather inhale asbestos dust for dinner than watch either the US or UK Office. Utter shit.
The Office is ****ing brilliant. It's perfect.
I just need about $3.50
(<X.X)O=('.'Q)

I'm the motherflippin'
I gave the American version a chance a few months ago, I was pleasantly surprised, but it's still all about the Brent.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
I haven't watched it in a while, but I remember the "Sexual Harassment" episode, I think, and they were calling Phillis old, and Michael comes up to her and hugs her and says something like, "The only thing I'm worried about is getting a boner."

Quote by webbtje
I'd rather inhale asbestos dust for dinner than watch either the US or UK Office. Utter shit.

Are you having a bad day?? maybe you should go cry instead of being a little prick in everyones threads.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
GRANTED! NOW YOU COMMIT SUICIDE!

i wish lexanirider didn't have to kill himself.

What's your fastest Super Metroid time?

PM me and let me know.
Quote by neopowell
I gave the American version a chance a few months ago, I was pleasantly surprised, but it's still all about the Brent.

+1

Something about Carell grates on me, I can't quite put my finger on what. When I saw him for the first time, I loved him, but I've grown tired. Same with Ferrell.
Quote by lexanirider78
Are you having a bad day?? maybe you should go cry instead of being a little prick in everyones threads.

Waah waah waah. Oh no, I criticised a TV show. Go on, declare a holy war on me if it takes your fancy.

Oh, sorry, I forgot to stick IMO on the end of every single fucking post I ever make. Mentally edit it in yourself will you.
We need some of Michael Scott's conflict resolution in this thread, it seems.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Quote by Kensai
Quote by Zero-Hartman

Quote by webbtje
Waah waah waah. Oh no, I criticised a TV show. Go on, declare a holy war on me if it takes your fancy.

Oh, sorry, I forgot to stick IMO on the end of every single fucking post I ever make. Mentally edit it in yourself will you.

... PMS?
Compromise, that is style 3. And it is not ideal.

I love the Office.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Can we have a win-win-win solution? An example would be both of you buying me pie and then sucking me off.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Quote by Kensai
Quote by Zero-Hartman

One of the many shows that I stopped following during the writer's strike and never got back into. When I happen to catch it, I love it, but I never make any effort. I've just gotten back into 30 Rock, though, so maybe I'll go back to The Office too. I've been absolutely DYING to see the British one again, it's been years. Free love on the free love freeway, the love is free and the freeway's long.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
In the british version you gotts love garth and of course brent

Ricky Gervais is an f'ing genius. Everything he does is pure gold (except the stupid bloody films) The office, extras, his stand up and the podcast are all brilliant. Ricky Gervais guide to law and order comes out tomorrow.
Quote by 86th fret
my testes turned blue from just reading that. i mean just imagine that they would ****ing burst and your... omg..

Quote by acrocks
i'd bite the zombies so they'd turn into me
Bet they wouldn't see that coming
Quote by webbtje

Calm down... take deep breaths...
"So...what's an elf?"
Quote by ozzyismetal
Quote by Kensai
Quote by Zero-Hartman

Goddammit. First off, the words "British" and "comedy" should never be used together in the same sentence. The phrase "British comedy" is not only an oxymoron, but a dickslap to the collective face of the art-form known as comedy.

Secondly, the American Office started out decently enough. It was genuinely funny and had likable, believable characters. Recently, they've ditched every characteristic that made the original characters believable and have instead made them gross caricatures of their original selves. They have replaced any sort of character development with the same tired jokes about a given character's "wacky" personality trait or quirk. (hey guyez, look at andy, he can't do anything right lololololol!)

Also, fuck Jim and Pam. I'm sick and tired of them and the best direction the show can take is them both getting AIDS and dying. Preferably some form of super-AIDS that has them killed by next episode.
Quote by pwnerer
Stanley the manly!

I love mockumentaries.

Hell yes Stanley is the best!
Darryl is also awesome. I also want to endure in sexual relations with Pam.
I hate the UK version, I'm not sure why just can't get into it.
OAKLAND A's - 9 TIME CHAMPS!!

DUKE BLUE DEVILS - 4 TIME CHAMPS & 19 TIME ACC CHAMPS!!

OAKLAND RAIDERS - 4 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS - 3 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

SAN JOSE SHARKS - NONE LOL!!
Quote by CrucialGutchman
Goddammit. First off, the words "British" and "comedy" should never be used together in the same sentence. The phrase "British comedy" is not only an oxymoron, but a dickslap to the collective face of the art-form known as comedy..

I would like this explained
FALKIRK

We'll win something someday

Quote by Minkaro
Falkirk is the home of runners up.

Check out my Tunes
Quote by Random88

Stupidity and poor taste combined.

I really enjoy The Office, don't like the American Office though. Well said to the guy above about the new audiobook out tomorrow, good to see a fellow Pilkingtod fan.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Quote by CrucialGutchman
Goddammit. First off, the words "British" and "comedy" should never be used together in the same sentence. The phrase "British comedy" is not only an oxymoron, but a dickslap to the collective face of the art-form known as comedy.

Secondly, the American Office started out decently enough. It was genuinely funny and had likable, believable characters. Recently, they've ditched every characteristic that made the original characters believable and have instead made them gross caricatures of their original selves. They have replaced any sort of character development with the same tired jokes about a given character's "wacky" personality trait or quirk. (hey guyez, look at andy, he can't do anything right lololololol!)

Also, fuck Jim and Pam. I'm sick and tired of them and the best direction the show can take is them both getting AIDS and dying. Preferably some form of super-AIDS that has them killed by next episode.

...weren't the first episodes just the same as episodes from the original though?
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
Quote by CrucialGutchman

Because American comedy is better?
Quote by SuperBlob
...weren't the first episodes just the same as episodes from the original though?

They were very similar they just dumbed down the humour so it worked across the pond.

Quote by webbtje

Dude have you seen Family Guy? That shit's amazing!!111111111111!!!
Last edited by Cal UK at Nov 30, 2009,

To be fair, Family Guy used to be pretty funny, even though now it's just absolute shit. I do like American comedy, but British is superior I would say.
FALKIRK

We'll win something someday

Quote by Minkaro
Falkirk is the home of runners up.

Check out my Tunes

Family Guy has its moments to be fair, but painting all Brit comedy as shit is just fucking stupid.
Quote by Random88
To be fair, Family Guy used to be pretty funny, even though now it's just absolute shit. I do like American comedy, but British is superior I would say.

Completely agree with all of this.
Quote by CrucialGutchman

Someone needs a hug...
"You cannot learn from books"
Quote by asator
YOU'RE A CUNT AND STUFF LESPAUL1216.

It's okay because whatever, forever
got to say i prefer the US office, not a massive fan of the british i mean it was alright but just didnt do it for me
Llama

On

Llama
Quote by Hames3rd
got to say i prefer the US office, not a massive fan of the british i mean it was alright but just didnt do it for me

Same here.

I also like how there are a few little bits of sublety that the Office preserves, like at some point when Michael briefly mentions selling something to charity.
The playground of the world
Quote by Random88

Should I explain to you why water is wet? Or why tits are good? British comedy sucks. It's simply a basic fact of science.

Quote by webbtje

Yes. Not that American comedy doesn't have its fair share of terrible, terrible comedies, but even the worst American comedian doesn't come close to the level of inane bullshit found in British "humour."

Quote by Cal UK
Stupidity and poor taste combined.

You are correct in that British comedy is a vapid combination of stupidity and poor taste, but it goes so much deeper than that.

I have already explained this elsewhere on this website, but pretentiousness is a genetic trait common among every British human being. In order to satiate this inherent need to feel superior to the rest of the planet, the British developed a form of comedy which is entirely obnoxious, is not witty, and is not humorous in the slightest. Most importantly, it makes no goddamned sense.

The British then convinced the rest of the world that they found this form of entertainment amusing, and when everyone else saw it for the dogshit it is, the British then convinced themselves it was due to the fact that their form of comedy is far too witty for any other people to understand.

Then, uneducated American children, needing to feel at least moderately intelligent, pretended like it. Thus the giant global conspiracy that is British comedy began.

Seriously, you Brits should've stuck to raping India and such. That's what you were best at.

And even then, America's still better at imperialism, and that's what you did best.
Page 1 of 2