Hi, I've been playing the guitar for a few years but only seriously in the past few weeks or so. I'm currently trying to learn this song, which is played at 153 BPM. However, I can only play it (With a pick) at 100 BPM. I've tried to learn fingerpicking for it but my fingers refuse to pick faster than around 100 BPM. Should I continue learning fingerpicking or is another technique better?

The general problem I have is the fast 3 note arpeggios (I believe?) that are played at the beginning. They seem like a good way to practice fast picking to me.
fingerpicking will defently be alot easier especialy with some of the bigger string skips but trying to play it with a pick will defently inprove your picking

Ibanez S670FM
Ibanez Masa SX60
Roland Cube 60
CryBaby GCB 95
Ibanez GSR180 Bass

♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
Fingerpickings a must if you want to broaden your horizons and speed up your playing
if your not quite getting it then i suggest learning some tunes like
nothing else matters
or blackbird
Sigs are for salad tossers.
definitely learn fingerpicking, whether it's necessary for this song or not. It makes alot of stuff easier, and it gives a nice soft sound that's hard to get with a pick.
Quote by BlackandSilver
Kill 'em All in St Anger with the help of the Master of Puppets. He can Ride the Lightning, creating a Death Magnetic.

Myspace
Thanks guys, I thought fingerpicking was the best option but just needed to double check.

At the moment I can only play at 100 BPMish but hopefully I'll be able to work that up by 53 BPM, thanks for the help.