This is my first time experimenting with a blues/jazz tune. This is practically a jam solo or whatever they call it.
It's half complete. My plan is to continue it with a 24 bar bass solo then back to a 24 bar guitar solo and then ending the song with a repetitive lead guitar part (either with something similar to the beginning of Part 2 or the bridge).

I'd be happy for opinions and critics on this half of the song.

Title is temporary, I might change it later.

C4C!
Attachments:
Walk the Streets of Heaven.gp4
Walk the Streets of Heaven.gp5
It's simple, but I love what you've done so far.

Your leads are excellent. Good phrasing, great note choice, and you managed to keep the whole thing interesting. Your backing rhythms are quite good too.

A few things though

First those A#s don't really work in the bass line. They'd work if the chord just stuck to F#7 but when you add the sus4 the A# clashes.

Next it'd be nice if you changed the chord progression from time to time. It's a little bit static right now. You could even just modulate it up or down the circle of 5ths. Just something to add a slight change.

I really don't like the voicing you've chosen for the Em7. The open strings just stand out too drastically from the other barre chords. Try XX2433 or 022433 instead.

Looking forwards to hearing a completed version of this one.

C4C? Either of the top two links in my sig would be great
Intro jam was pretty basic stuff. Nice lead on part one. Really liked it! Same with part 2. You still can improve solo with some diffrent rythms in it, but it sounds like awesome! Really cheers from this! Bridge to unseen bass solo sounds like pretty nice too, just can wait for bass solo!
I only worked on the lead yet, others are simply backups but later I'll work on a different progression and rhythm (without distrupting the lead).

I checked the bass and you were right so I altered the transitions.

About the Em7. I would like to sound it lower than the Bm7. 022433 just sounds too high for me, so I tried 022030 (plus 022230 for a transition chord). Is that also drastic?

I'll check both songs. I see 9.5s and 10s only though
Last edited by atira at Nov 30, 2009,
Quote by xbitmetal
Intro jam was pretty basic stuff. Nice lead on part one. Really liked it! Same with part 2. You still can improve solo with some diffrent rythms in it, but it sounds like awesome! Really cheers from this! Bridge to unseen bass solo sounds like pretty nice too, just can wait for bass solo!

I've picked up the guitar just a little more than 2 years ago so yeah, it's basic
What I really wanted to do here is creating a long solo as I have always struggled with solos so far.

Different rhythms in solo needs a little different rhythm in backup. I'll work on it later.

Thanks for the comments and advices
Wow, sounds fun.

I'm not nearly in my element when giving my opinion on something like this, but hey, I've been meaning to learn this kind of stuff...

I think it's a really cool, chilled out piece, definately go further in it...

Though some of the chords sound a little off, but that was already mentioned!