No, not XX Teens, The xx. Pretty hyped and I'm surprised there isn't a thread already on them (haven't found one using the search function). Quite minimalistic and funky. Remind me a bit of Young Marble Giants but a bit more streetwise sounding if you get me. Listening to the album a second time through now in succession such was how I enjoyed it.
MIA 1979 Fender Strat
Epi LP Standard
Squier Strat

Tanglewood

Laney TF300
Fender Frontman 15G

Zoom G1
Heard about these guys on NME.. dont really like them tbh.
Does it offend you, yeah?
I ain't letting this die. Check them oouuut!
MIA 1979 Fender Strat
Epi LP Standard
Squier Strat

Tanglewood

Laney TF300
Fender Frontman 15G

Zoom G1
A good band indeed.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
There may already be a thread on this band. I searchbarred pretty thoroughly though. apologies if there is.

The xx is a band from south west London, England, formed in 2005. Originally consisting of four 20 year olds, they met at Elliott School, notable for alumni including Hot Chip, Burial and Four Tet. They were placed at number 6 in the 2009 NME The Future 50 list. Their debut album, xx, was released on Young Turks Records on 17 August 2009. Though the band had worked with both Diplo and Kwes., xx was produced by the band themselves and mixed by Jamie Smith and Rodaidh McDonald. They recorded the album in a small garage that was part of the XL studios, often at night, which contributed to the sleek, whispery nature of the album. The band have toured with The Big Pink and Micachu. Their single "Crystalised" was featured on iTunes (UK) as Single of the Week, starting from 18 August 2009. Their song Intro is also being used in a promotional commercial for the series Cold Case and Law & Order on the Dutch television network Net 5, and VCR was featured in a Lie to me episode.

Yep. Really loving this band at the moment. Fantastic debut.

1. "Intro" – 2:08
2. "VCR" – 2:57
3. "Crystalised" – 3:22
4. "Islands" – 2:41
5. "Heart Skipped a Beat" – 4:02
6. "Fantasy" – 2:38
7. "Shelter" – 4:30
8. "Basic Space" – 3:08
9. "Infinity" – 5:13
10. "Night Time" – 3:37
11. "Stars" – 4:23
Last edited by RhAndroid at Nov 30, 2009,
Yeah, felt the same way. always sceptical of a band when it's got the official Pitchfork seal of approval. But they really are growing on me.
I don't actually mind Pitchfork too much... It's how much NME bone The XX that bothers me. Pitchfork is obviously teh hipster site, but at least they tend to know something about music where as NME is just useless.
i was a little wary of them at first, cause of all the hype, but it's actually a pretty god album. My favorites would be VCR and Heart Skipped a Beat
Quote by RATM forever
definitely the best spam thread today!
I heard about The xx through neither P4k or NME, so my opinion comes untainted.

They're beautiful. Not often a band can make such a solid album all the way through with no stand out tracks, just amazing use of sound and space throughout.
MIA 1979 Fender Strat
Epi LP Standard
Squier Strat

Tanglewood

Laney TF300
Fender Frontman 15G

Zoom G1
id say this is the best debute of the year (mostly cause i cant think of another one, so it wins by defult). VCR is one of my fav tracks of the year
I like them, I saw them at electric picnic this year and they were great. Not the most energetic live band though
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
Quote by howamidriving?
id say this is the best debute of the year (mostly cause i cant think of another one, so it wins by defult). VCR is one of my fav tracks of the year

Memory Tapes, Pains of Being Pure At Heart, Hatcham Social, Neils Children, Summer Cats, SPC ECO, Flo + the Machine, Spider and The Flies, Blakroc, Mongrel...
Quote by Fiddelers elbow
I like them, I saw them at electric picnic this year and they were great. Not the most energetic live band though

I've seen a few videos and I don't really think they're worth paying $50 to see live.
No thread on these guys?

One of my favourite recent brit indie bands. They've been hyped into oblivion but when I finally got around to listening to them they completely came through. Can't wait for some new material.

My favourite track's probably Islands but Blood Red Moon and Crystallized are up there too. You guys love them as much as I do?
I love The XX. Really in need of some new stuff though.

VCR is one of the greatest duet love song type things of all time, I think.
Last edited by crazy8rgood at Mar 28, 2011,
The XX are cool when i wanna listen to something mellow and relax. I enjoy the kind of minimalist sound they have on their album, but i hope they expand and experiment on new material. i think they could do a lot.
I've been listening to them for about a year now. I love them. The song nighttime is amazing.
Jeff Loomis

Myspace.com/geneticbydesign
heard them play live on my favourite radio show last year, they were good,and the album is pretty damn solid for a debut

Quote by crazy8rgood

VCR is one of the greatest duet love song type things of all time, I think.

I like it, but I think that might be pushing it imho
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
I really like The xx. I love how the vocals are so mellow, it's almost spoken word. Listening to 'Night Time' atm, which is why I came to this thread.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER