well I went up to the guitar shop woth my friend to try out guitars with him for his first guitar. And I tried a Jackson js30RR and I must say I was impressed. Hugely. It was a really nice neck and it didn't sound to bad at all

So I was thinking of getting this for Christmas. Probably throw a Duncan Distortion or a JB in there. What do you guys think?
Guitars
Ibanez S470B
Iabez MTM2 w/ Seymoar Duncan Blackouts
Epiphone SG

Amps
Roland Micro Cube

Pedals
Boss MT-2
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Can't go wrong with the JB.
» Ibanez SZ520 + JB/Jazz
» Rocktron Rampage
» Vox ToneLab SE
» Laney LC15
I had a JS30 Warrior, and I must say I didn't like it too much. Sold it on E-bay a few months back. When I first got it I had to replace the nut because one of the slots was filed way too deep, the pickups were weak, and the truss rod rattled around in the neck.
Not to mention the fact that the JS30RR is unbalanced, so you'll need to move the strap button to play standing with any comfort
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
Cool guitar. Before you do, I suggest you try some schecters and Ibanez around that price range too.
This is a cool Jackson anyway.
I tried my main guitar at the store, played for about 45 minutes, fell in love.
After that the store d00d told me he had to take it back.
So I decided to buy it.
If you liked the JS30RR, try the JS30RR FR (if you can find one) or the JS32T, which looks like the JS30RR FR without the FR and the lockdowns. Make sure you try before you buy; warped necks, uneven frets, etc. Oh ya, the input jack on the JS32T is located in the upper horn, while the JS30RR and JS30RR FR has the input jack in the lower horn. This makes a BIG difference when sitting and playing!
Why spend the money on a guitar+pickups? If you look you may be able to find a used RR3 in great condition for about the same you'd spend on all that.
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
Quote by pigeonmafia
Not to mention the fact that the JS30RR is unbalanced, so you'll need to move the strap button to play standing with any comfort

I agree, the guitar is not balanced and the headstock likes to nosedive, but where are you going to move the strap buttons? Have you done this already on a Rhoads style guitar. I'm very curious. Don't forget the Dunlop strap locks. They are worth every penny!
Quote by oldironhead
If you liked the JS30RR, try the JS30RR FR (if you can find one) or the JS32T, which looks like the JS30RR FR without the FR and the lockdowns. Make sure you try before you buy; warped necks, uneven frets, etc. Oh ya, the input jack on the JS32T is located in the upper horn, while the JS30RR and JS30RR FR has the input jack in the lower horn. This makes a BIG difference when sitting and playing!

Quote by minchew
People necrobumping threads pisses me off...

Same, there was at least 4 people who necro'd yesterday.