Page 1 of 2
so the other day i had a cigar when i was out drinking with my mates and i was wondering if anyone knows if having the occassional cigar would effect my health in any way....im talking like one every few weeks....

surely it wont do anything right??
Xbox Live GT: A7X Dan 09

Only Playing Gears Of War 2 ATM
Smoking, no matter how far spread apart, will always be bad for you.
As I always say: "Rawr"
You'll die a month earlier. Who cares.
» Ibanez SZ520 + JB/Jazz
» Rocktron Rampage
» Vox ToneLab SE
» Laney LC15
It's fun until you end up smoking them every day. Smoking is sneaky as hell. First it's your friend, then it jumps up behind you, puts you in a chokehold, steals your wallet, and suckerpunches you in the lungs.
Obviously it will harm you in some way, but probably not drastically, depending on how old you are.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Jesus, can we stop with all the ****ing smoking and xbox threads :|
Quote by naedauuf
I'm in need of a guy
Cigars aren't bad for you, its only if you take them in, which regularly, people don't do with cigars.
Quote by Corey143
It's fun until you end up smoking them every day. Smoking is sneaky as hell. First it's your friend, then it jumps up behind you, puts you in a chokehold, steals your wallet, and suckerpunches you in the lungs.

A great take on smoking lol. I remember starting and smoking maybe a pack over two weeks...now I'm 2 packs a day. It's a creepy crawly bastard.
when you consider all of the poisonous foods and air you're constantly ingesting, a cigar every now and then is of little concern.
It won't be good for you, but spread apart it gives your lungs a chance to heal.

EDIT: You don't inhale cigars.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Last edited by CTFOD at Nov 30, 2009,
Quote by Arthur Curry
when you consider all of the poisonous foods and air you're constantly ingesting, a cigar every now and then is of little concern.

+ 1000

I have a cigar everynow and then myself. Its no harm, as long as its not an everyday thing.
coming to the pit for advice for something like this?lol
google would be better
i'm yet to smoke a cigar oh well
I smoke when I drink anything alcoholic, only once or twice a week.
Cigars aren't the same as cigarettes anyway. You're not meant to actually inhale the smoke into your lungs.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
It stops a certain function in your lungs for 2 weeks. Also if you're around friends constantly smoking it's having about the same effect in terms of smoke intake and tar if not more.

If any of that was wrong I'm just quoting what I was taught at school.

oh, and schools NEVER over dramatize things to put fear into kids
Bands I must see in concert
Silvertide
The Black Crowes
Jackyl
Black Stone Cherry
AC/DC
StoneRider
Freedomhawk
The Darkness and/or the sideprojects of the band members
Buckcherry
The Answer

Theres more. But those are the main ones
i dont inhale cigars lol
it should be alright if you dont inhale i reckon
and even if you did, it wouldnt do shit.
Love is my religion
Quote by undecided1993
Cigars aren't the same as cigarettes anyway. You're not meant to actually inhale the smoke into your lungs.

Yep, as far as I know it's for the "taste" or wut.
Either way, As the saying goes.
"Everything in Moderation!"
not really, don't worry about it bro
If I stay too quiet
I can hear her walking by
Death cold air is moving
Like the touch of her hand

ikuisesti hallussa surua,
pienentynyt enkeli, ottaa minuun,
johtaa minut tämän arvokkaan valoa,
ja ikuiseen pimeyteen.
Well, you could either believe the "Pit Doctors," or you could do a search on your own and find something like this:

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/Tobacco/cigars
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
inb4 uber christian anti-smokers tell you your going to die.

I cigar everyone once in a while isn't bad at all really, for god sakes one cigarette a day isn't even really that bad.

EDIT: Real men inhale cigars.
SCALD
Quote by Phill-Rock
That, or being absolutely broke - though you always find money for cigarettes, then end up even more broke.

so true ^.

Quote by smb
I think it's a type of fish.

PM me for GP5
Last edited by k1ng_pooh at Nov 30, 2009,
Quote by k1ng_pooh
inb4 uber christian anti-smokers tell you your going to die.

I cigar everyone once in a while isn't bad at all really, for god sakes one cigarette a day isn't even really that bad.

What the hell does being Christian have to do with smoking?
"Ocassional Smoking" does NOT exist.
Pit doctors=smoking is teh shizz, wuts peer preassure and low self confidance? HURR DURR.
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
TS
User name says it all...

If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Quote by Alex Vik
What the hell does being Christian have to do with smoking?

Its a stereotype, obvious some people fall short.
SCALD
Quote by Phill-Rock
That, or being absolutely broke - though you always find money for cigarettes, then end up even more broke.

so true ^.

Quote by smb
I think it's a type of fish.

PM me for GP5
It seems as though 90% of the people in here have no idea what they're talking about (not that I would expect anything more from The Pit).

There are, of course, health risks associated with cigar smoking (namely mouth and throat cancer), however, the likelihood that you will develop a medical problem is low. The tobacco used to manufacture cigars is completely natural and lacks the additives of that used in cigarettes.

Quote by Corey143

Except that cigar smoking poses no risk of physical or psychological dependence. I've been smoking 3-4 times a week for the past three years or so and I can confidently say that I have never craved a cigar.

Quote by k1ng_pooh
EDIT: Real men inhale cigars.

No, they don't. I've never mat a single cigar smoker who inhales.

Quote by Dawnwalker
Pit doctors=smoking is teh shizz, wuts peer preassure and low self confidance? HURR DURR.

Again, cigar smoking doesn't create any type of dependence. I know many cigar smokers who only smoke a few times a month.
#48 of the Fender Armada
#2 Omar Alfredo Rodriguez-Lopez fan club

Gibson SG Standard
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Fender Mustang
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Last edited by Sunshine86 at Nov 30, 2009,
Quote by a7x dan
so the other day i had a cigar when i was out drinking with my mates and i was wondering if anyone knows if having the occassional cigar would effect my health in any way....im talking like one every few weeks....

surely it wont do anything right??

lawl at being concerned more over the cigar than the alcohol

the odd cigar is far less harmful than the slightly more frequent drinking.

that being said, i smoke and drink on occasion. everything in moderation.
Quote by Dawnwalker

I smoke weed on some weekends. I don't do it every day, but i do it occasionally. There you go. I don't really see what you mean at all.
Quote by bendystraw
I smoke weed on some weekends. I don't do it every day, but i do it occasionally. There you go. I don't really see what you mean at all.

Nice d00d,
Apparantly people don't get addicted to weed as such, it's more in the tobacco they use to roll joints.
Same with other drugs, tabacco is probably most addictive.
You don't inhale on cigars but puff...not like cigs. You still get all that tar and shit in your mouth but believe me if you only do it maybe once every week you wont notice and it wont be very harmful. You'd be stupid to inhale cigar smoke though.
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
Quote by Dawnwalker

What? Nothing in your post made sense.
Quote by zalak
Smoking, no matter how far spread apart, will always be bad for you.

I've gotta agree with this guy. It won't do anywhere near as much damage as smoking on a regular basis, but the damage is still done regardless of how much it is.
Some people just wanna watch the world burn. Wanna join me when I take my turn to pour the gas, light the match, see your world flip upside down and drop until it's inside out?
Quote by ChucklesMginty

If any of that was wrong I'm just quoting what I was taught at school.

where they tell mostly bullsh*t to scare the youth. lol they told us one "marijuana cciggerete" was worse then a pack of cigs
Quote by Godsmack_IV
Emus. Seriously, no bird should be that big.

Quote by CFH82
Long story short, I had a dream I fu**ed a horse.

Rise up
We are revolutionaries
Viva la revolución
Quote by Godsmack_IV
We've got a winner.

http://www.erowid.org/psychoactives/addiction/addiction_journal1.shtml

To TS: Inhaling cigars isn't a great idea, suck the smoke down to your throat and exhale.

hey you were my first....
i mean i sigged you
Quote by Godsmack_IV
Emus. Seriously, no bird should be that big.

Quote by CFH82
Long story short, I had a dream I fu**ed a horse.

Rise up
We are revolutionaries
Viva la revolución
Quote by Triviumsucks666
where they tell mostly bullsh*t to scare the youth. lol they told us one "marijuana cciggerete" was worse then a pack of cigs

I think I was told it has seven times more tar.
all I ever wanted was to pick apart the day
put the pieces back together my way
Quote by Triviumsucks666
hey you were my first....
i mean i sigged you

I'm glad you did; it is of vital importance that the users of this board consider the impending threat of emus on a regular basis and the viable alternative of genetically altered midget emus.

Quote by mattman93
I think I was told it has seven times more tar.

It is true that you inhale more tar when smoking a joint than a cigarette but what they don't tell you is the reason for that being mostly the lack of a proper filter.
Last edited by Godsmack_IV at Nov 30, 2009,
Page 1 of 2