Afternoon all,

Hope this is the right area to place this. I just purchased a Fender Distortion pedal today and need a little help. This will be the first time i have used as pedal as the amp i currently have does not have distortion on it. I need a little advice on settings.

I am trying to get a sound similar to Randy Rhoads or Judas priest distortion wise but not sure how to set the pedal.

The pedal has two controls at the top one for level and the other for Dist. Under the level are 2 other controls one for high and one for low that go from -15 to +15. Under dist there are 2 controls on for mid and the other mid freq and both of these go from -15 to +15.

Could anyone suggest a good way to set these? As i said first time using a pedal and want to get a good start.

Thanks for all the help
Level you just set so its the same volume when engaged as off. The rest is all about your guitar, amp, and pedal... Just turn each one a full sweep to see what it will do, then dial it in to where you want it... Pretty simple.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86
Level you just set so its the same volume when engaged as off. The rest is all about your guitar, amp, and pedal... Just turn each one a full sweep to see what it will do, then dial it in to where you want it... Pretty simple.

Thanks tubetime, will give it a shot and see how it goes. Thanks for the assist.
Quote by Cholas
What's the pedal called? I can't think of a Fender pedal with two knobs.

Just called distortion lol. Here is a pic of it.
Attachments:
distortion.jpg
Still playing with the settings trying to get them the way i want them lol. Hopefully the fact that i have a Ibanez with 2 humbuckers won't case a issue since it is a strat distortion pedal.
Last edited by LordVasago at Dec 1, 2009,
Quote by LordVasago
Still playing with the settings trying to get them the way i want them lol. Hopefully the fact that i have a Ibanez with 2 humbuckers won't case a issue since it is a strat distortion pedal.

A strat is a guitar...what do you mean??? That doesn't have anything to do with anything...it's just not the greatest distortion pedal is all.