Hi

The past month I am getting involved in song writing. It's not too hard but the what I found a problem is writing down the music.... So my question is is there a way to get my computer to write down what I am playing? so I can get the sheet music automatically?

Thanks In advance
Ha... Good luck.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
You can use guitar pro or power tab (power tab can be downloaded for free) to just tab what you're playing and the program will write down the notation for you.

There's also programs that can tab what you're playing, but if I recall correctly you'll need a hexaphonic or piezo pickup and a midi converter to connect to your computer for that, but don't quote me on that.
It would be cheaper, easier, and more worth it in the long run to learn how to notate in a program like guitar pro.
Quote by sxymnky777
It would be cheaper, easier, and more worth it in the long run to learn how to notate in a program like guitar pro.

I know how to notate that but it take so freaking long to do that so I was looking for an alternative
Unfortunately, doing what you are suggesting will require hundreds of dollars of equipment. There are programs that can tab what you are playing automatically, but it requires a midi converter, and a bunch of other stuff...

Your best bet is tabbing it manually in Power Tab.
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
Quote by niels-uiterwaal
I know how to notate that but it take so freaking long to do that so I was looking for an alternative

In guitar pro, you can notate the song in tabs, and it automatically gives you the standard notation above it. It's pretty fast too once you get the hang of using the program.
Quote by SLonergan
Unfortunately, doing what you are suggesting will require hundreds of dollars of equipment. There are programs that can tab what you are playing automatically, but it requires a midi converter, and a bunch of other stuff...

Your best bet is tabbing it manually in Power Tab.

I have tuxguitar... would I be better/easier to download power tab?
Quote by niels-uiterwaal
I have tuxguitar... would I be better/easier to download power tab?

Tux Guitar and Power Tab are pretty much the same thing. I would try Guitar Pro, it's the best out of all three and there are places online where you can find it for free.
Quote by sxymnky777
Tux Guitar and Power Tab are pretty much the same thing. I would try Guitar Pro, it's the best out of all three and there are places online where you can find it for free.

But does it really make it easier then powertab and tux to write down the music?
Quote by niels-uiterwaal
But does it really make it easier then powertab and tux to write down the music?

Nope, they basically function the same way. Guitar Pro has some nice extras like better midi sounds and some other details. Oh, and don't download it for free. Software piracy is a naughty naughtly thing to do.

If all you want to do is write stuff down than tux or powertab are allright.