hey guys

I have a GK 700RBII (480W/50Whorn)

im trying to decide what cabinets to get.

One option was the RBX series. two 400W cabinets.(a 115 and a 210 )

my other option was a Neo 212 (600W)

Whats better with my head...putting 480+50horn into two 400W or putting that same power into a 600W cab.

(both cabs have horns btw)

Can anyone help?
Last edited by NCBass93 at Nov 30, 2009,
Personnel preference really, it wont make a difference, Which speakers do you prefer 10's and 15's or 12's.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Underpowering is a myth. As far as overpowering if you're splitting the power into 2 cabs they'll each be getting half of the 480 which is well within their power rating. Each set up is completely fine and the choice comes down to preference.
Quote by Zycho
Underpowering is a myth. As far as overpowering if you're splitting the power into 2 cabs they'll each be getting half of the 480 which is well within their power rating. Each set up is completely fine and the choice comes down to preference.

That.

edit: Wait, are you planning to power the 210 with the horn output and the 115 with the main? Things could get wonky there. Wattage-wise it should be fine but it could end up sounding rather strange.
Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at Nov 30, 2009,
i was assuming that when both cabinets are hooked up to the head each one will recieve the 480W....

isnt that how it works when you use two cabinets? or does the power split????
on a typical amp head what would be the case?

AMP-------cab
|
|
|
cab
Quote by NCBass93
i was assuming that when both cabinets are hooked up to the head each one will recieve the 480W....

isnt that how it works when you use two cabinets? or does the power split????

Basically, if you hook them up normally(parallel) then the 480w will be split between the two. Each will receive 240W.

If you mod your cable to run them in series, then the full 480W will be distributed among all of the speakers. Not much point in that, though. You'd end up with 16 ohms instead of 4.
Nope, no sig here.